Chapter 25: A Rocky Finale

Start from the beginning

We were about to leave when two Team Skull grunts rushed past us, a Slowpoke in their arms. "Make a Beedrill beeline escape yo!"

I grinded my teeth. "You know the drill guys."

Robert returned his Larvitar. "Let's go."

So, apparently while I was being dream attacked by a Ditto smothering my face, Robert got bored and wandered into Digglet's Tunnel to find and catch a Larvitar. I mean, seriously, know your priorities man.

Anyway, we gave chase to the Skull Boys. We finally caught up to them on Memorial Hill. The Skull Boys had stopped to rest on a tombstone. Then they noticed us.

Grunt A groaned. "Not you four again yo!"

Grunt B held the Slowpoke, who was slow on the update, which was that he was kidnapped. "It's our Slowpoke for life homies."

"Oh look," a familiar voice said behind us. "Zeno and Team Skull. How nice."

I turned around to see Kamake Kobayashi and two Aether Foundation employees walking towards us, a Weavile at Kamake's side.

"Weavile," Kamake said in a bored tone. "Freeze them."

Weavile froze the Skull Boys in ice. Slowpoke was unaffected by this however.

Kamake smiled and picked up the Slowpoke and handed it to one of the employees. "Get these grunts at Aether Paradise as quick as you can. Take the Slowpoke as well."

She turned to us when the Aether employees left. "A pleasure to meet you again Zeno and your friends."

Alex looked at me. "You know her?"

I shrugged. "We've met. What are you doing here Kamake? You want that battle now?"

Kamake shook her head. "Sadly I need to get back to Aether soon. But I have something to tell you four, though I was told there would be five of you."

Hau said, "Lillie's not here, but we can pass on the message soon."

When Hau said Lillie's name, I noticed a twinkle in Kamake's eyes, but it quickly vanished. A suspicion arose with Kamake now.

Kamake nodded. "That would be great. Our president, Madam Lusamine, wants to meet all of you. Meet me at Hano Grand Resort within a week and I'll take you to Aether Paradise."

We all nodded and Kamake half smiled. "I'll see you all then."

She left Memorial Hill with her Weavile following her.

Robert looked at Kamake. "Well, she's an interesting character alright."

We left it at that and made the final steps towards the Ruins of Life.

We found ourselves in a little clearing, the entrance to the Ruins against a rock wall. I didn't see anyone, except,

"LILLIE!?" The four of us yelled when Lillie and Nebby came out of the Ruins.

We all ran to meet her and gave her a hug. Hau looked happier than the rest of us to see her which I did not fail to note.

Someone else was with Lillie. She was dark skinned and head a strong looking body. She looked like she was in her late twenties.

She introduced herself. "Hello there. I'm Kahuna Olivia, a Rock type user."

We all grinned and I said, "The name's Zeno. I think I speak for my friends when I say we wish to attempt your Grand Trial."

Olivia laughed. "All four of you!? Looks like I know what I'm doing today. Who's first?"

I looked at my friends and they nodded. I looked back at Olivia. "I guess it's me then."