Chapter 14: The Golden Son

Start from the beginning

I kept a straight face. "No, not my girlfriend."

The girl shrugged. "Fine, whatever."

She pointed at the back of the store. "Over there are clothes you should be interested in."

I nodded. "Thanks."

I walked over there almost immediately spotted my prize. A black trench coat was hanging on a rock. I touched it and it felt soft and warm. Inside of it were pockets and three spots on each side where I could clip pokeballs my to.

I grabbed it, took off my old trench, and put the new one on. Perfect fit, if not a teensy bit longer. I then spotted a black trilby hat.

I had almost grabbed it, when someone grabbed my wrist. I looked and saw Alex smirking while holding my wrist.

"Nu uh," she said. "With that you would look too much like a creep."

She had an armful of clothes in her hands and I took off the trench and handed it to her.

She sighed. "Another trench!? Fine."

When she turned her back to me, I quickly grabbed the trilby hat.

Timeskip

We had all started walking along Route 4 and I was hating my clothes. I wore black shorts with red lining and a blue and white striped shirt. With it I wore a black hat with a almost rectangular pokeball symbol on it.

Okay, fine. I'll admit the hat was kinda cool. But the clothes? Ghastly. Thankfully Alex hadn't spotted my trilby yet.

I had let Growlithe and Rockruff out of their pokeballs so they could enjoy Akala. Pikachu was on Hau's shoulder and Robert's Munchlax was up ahead, eating a pile of berries. I looked at Alex and Lillie and saw Vulpix bounding ahead of the two and Nebby was quietly floating behind Lillie. I wonder if there was a phobic of going into a bag.

Suddenly, I heard, "Munch! Munchlax!"

I saw Munchlax get bowled over by two Pokemon.

Rotom buzzed next to me. "A Lillipup and Eevee!"

Robert ran towards them. "Munchlax! Use Tackle!"

Munchlax got up and slammed into Lillipup.

Eevee was about to rush Munchlax, but Hau shouted, "Pikachu! Use Electro Ball!"

Eevee was knocked backwards and Robert had Munchlax use Body Slam. When Lillipup was down, Robert grabbed a pokeball.

"Might as well," he said and threw the ball.

Eevee tried to intercept, but was caught in a different pokeball. Both pokeballs wiggled three times and clicked.

Robert grabbed his pokeball and shouted, "A Lillipup! Nice!"

Hau grabbed the other pokeball. "Got an Eevee! Cool!"

I heard Lillie shriek. "NEBBY! GET IN THE BAG!"

"PEW!"

After Nebby got in the bag, we continued on. Hau and Robert had let out their new Pokemon and they reluctantly followed their new trainers. That is, Lillipup did. Eevee was happy, probably because of the Malasadas Hau had given him.

A couple hours later, after a couple wild Pokemon battles and a rest break, we made it to Paniola Town.

With the Western feel going on, it felt amazing. I saw a couple tumbleweeds roll by and a western like tune (night theme because it's so much better then the day theme) was playing somewhere accompanied by whistling.