Six

Chapter six

***what they can do***

Funtua, Katsina state

Salma drew the bowl towards her and stared at the Tuwon dawa and the greenest miyar kuka she's ever seen. Yuck!

"Is anybody missing a certain chef!" She exclaimed pitifully.

Zahra smiled. "Even without meat or Kayan miya, mommy sis can make any dish taste wonderful. I miss her too!" She sighed.

Anisa didn't say anything. She's extra quiet since they came to Katsina. It's like something is truly bothering her.

"Okay just spill it out!" Zahra exasperated.

"Yeah. Just say it. What is going on with you?" Salma asked.

Tears pooled Anisa's eyes and she said "we must do something for once" she sobbed.

Now they were looking at her weirdly. What is going on with her?

"We are always ruining her life. Don't you see? We are so selfish. She works to feed us, clothe us, care for us. She would do anything for us..." Anisa replied, the tears kept falling like it pained her to the core.

Both girls were silent but they don't see why she is crying over it. Besides, how can they ruin Mommy sis? She is their everything on Mother Earth. Nothing they did will ever pay back for all she's suffered for them!

"She will never have a stable married life with us. She will always struggle. Don't you guys feel sorry for little Ibrahim? He needs his father too. He deserves a better life than the one he is having now! His father owns jaw dropping means but he can't enjoy any of it because she can't introduce him! For how long will we dump our problems on her?! When she was forced to get married to Saif, did she ever complain? She did it anyway thinking she will somehow help us! I can't think of how we can repay some of her kindness except.." Anisa trailed.

"Honestly? I'm getting pretty ashamed too. What do you suggest we do?"  Zahra asked.

"Let's accept the marriage Abba forced on us. Mommy sis will be forced to move on with her life as well" Anisa suggested.

"I'm not living with that...that..." Salma exclaimed.

"We don't have to. At your age, don't you know how many ways you can earn a legit divorce?" Zahra suggested.

"You are such a genius Zahra! I just know how to make the idiot who married me divorce me quickly!"  Anisa smiled through her tears.

"What will you do?" Salma asked.

"I'm going to fake madness. From the looks of it, it's not far fetched. Abba is certainly crazy! They would think its genetic!" She laughed.

"Wayyo Allahu Akbar! I just have an idea!" Zahra laughed manically.

"What?" Salma sled skeptically.

"Remember Bakri hates publicity? Hm..he's gonna die from embarrassment if he dares to stay married to me. Kai! He's not crazy! The social media is a monster he cannot win against!" Zahra laughed with glee. If she thinks about it some more, she will start laughing again. Like it was already happening and she has already won her divorce!

"I don't know how to make Abdu divorce me. He's the meanest superglue there is on earth. Remember how he used to act unaffected whenever I curse him? It's like he's immune to anger" she exasperated!

Zahra smiled. "That's true. But Salma, did you ever try making him jealous?! Remember when you were announcing your first boyfriend and we were all celebrating to support your crazy crush? Abdu was mad that day. Wasn't he Annie?" Zahra asked.