Four

Take a look at the pic above! Isn't she adorable?

Honors goes to the esteemed Southansuhayb! Thanks girl.

Please excuse grammatical errors I didn't even read it twice!

***it is pride which begets my ire***

Amal

Bayero university, Kano state, Nigeria

Ramadan is only a few days to come. The sky is cloudy and the temperature feels humid. It was a vey hot day despite the dense air flowing around.

I sighed for the thousandth time since I came home from Maicki. Except uncle Farouq, no one knew I traveled. When the rest of the house came home, I was only there for thirty minutes and I have just finished unpacking my things.

"Sis Meena!" I heard her voice as if it was far away. I forced myself to focus on whatever Sis Suzy was trying to tell me.

"Are you alright?" She asked worriedly.

I rubbed my face tiredly. "I'm just moody" I confessed. Maybe I should trust my friends this once and tell them what was bothering me. Perhaps, they could help.

But that's assuming I wish to go back to Saif. Nope! I'm done with him. I will wait here for my divorce paper. And I will definitely live a good life from now onwards. I will no longer watch any news about him or follow him on Twitter. I will carry him and dump him in the trash can just as he had done to me. In fact, when I see him next, I will pretend I have never met him. In fact, I will do my best to prove to the entire world he is my past.

I can't fulfill the promise I made to Iya and that is my only regret!

Yes. Not that the beautiful memories we shared, not his joy or his grief. I'll regret nothing!

I realized I've lived all these time hoping a miracle will come and he would come back to us. Everyday, my plans include him even though he isn't next to me. Sometimes, I'll pray nafilat especially just to do a special du'ah for him. For his grief, for his sorrows. For all that he lost.

Sometimes, I offer fasting and sometimes, I would just find very needy people. The kind that would fetch so much reward and I'll do sadaqah hoping the reward gets sent to him. My only prayer is that he finds peace.

I'm hurting too. But I don't believe I'll hurt as much as he.

I've tried didn't I? One of those du'ahs will surely get answered one day. Now it's time I focus on me.

For once, I'll try my best to focus on me. For real.

One day, Saif would have no courage to look at my eyes and dismiss me as if I didn't mean anything!

Because in sha Allah I will also be someone worth fighting for!

I realized that two things hurt me most. One, that he could truly look at me and pretend I didn't exist!

And that while he makes me feel insignificant, he was the total opposite to Maree. Even Pretty.

I've never attended a ball. I never did. But while I was leaving, I saw her. Maree! She was wearing a pale pink gown with long sleeves and a cute little hijab that made her look nothing but regal. I can see the admiration in their gazes as Maree arrived at Saif's house for the ball with at least fifty people walking around her.