Chapter 28.1

@marieyharm I can't believe you voted for almost all my chapters!!!. I just... Wow! Jazakillah khairan!

**The summons**

Saif

Amal's father was given a room to himself so he could finish the job in peace. But it's getting too late. Prince Tahir will be here soon.

John finished talking over the phone so I spoke to him. "I'll just go ahead and meet him. If Nasir finishes it in time, Lets text each other" I suggested.

"That's old fashion. Let's use a listening device. I bought one this morning" and he produced the mini wireless ear bud, giving it to me.

I am surprised I didn't think of it. I sent him a grateful smile before accepting it. Then he showed me how to pull it in my ear and I did. I heard a man saying 'copy?" And I knew he is one of John's men.

"Copy' I replied in answer.

I am supposed to meet up with Prince Tahir by eight at rivers cafe near the Brooklyn bridge. I was surprised to find him there, waiting for me.

I sat down, noticing a few suspicious guys about. Men I'm quite sure are there to protect him. Then I looked at him. Tahir is tall and broad chested. He has a gentle aura though. His eyes seem to survey me with a serene facade. His body language seems relaxed and it would seem as if we were just here to chat.

"Sir Saif. Evening" he uttered with a nod.

I smiled in an easygoing manner. Shaheed is a good teacher. He could smile through anything and it would seem as if it didn't bother him.

"Just call me Saif" I suggested. Prince Tahir seems to be thrown off by my mood. He must be very baffled why a guy like me, whose entire family is surrounded right now, in a country like Nigeria, found a way to smile up at the guy with all the strings.

He raised two fingers in what I assumed to be a sign to his people. A smallish looking guy hurried up to bring a black suitcase. The man greeted me with so much respect the only thing that came to my mind is 'wannan dan kanzagi ne'

Prince Tahir brought out a brown envelope and passed it over to me. When the man took away the brief case, I finally spared a look at the envelop. The Maicki seal held it closed. It served to show that it contains an official matter.

"This document makes you a royal successor" he stated simply.

"How does it concern me?" I asked.

"The document is blood binding. The Alkali blood running in your veins is proof of your heritage. It is the invisible signature that binds you"

"What does that mean?"

"You must abide by the laws governing the Royal house"

"Are you saying I do not have a choice?" I asked.

"Yes. The embassy is already taking care of the paperwork. The quicker you are released to our custody, the faster we put a king on the temporary empty throne"

I can't help it. I laughed. "You talk as if I'm your property" I remarked.

"Don't get me wrong. You and I are both properties of Maicki. The Royal descendants are properties of Maicki to be used, sacrificed and discarded to the best possible upliftment of our country. We are but stepping stones to make Maicki proud"

I was paralyzed for a few minutes of nagging shock. The guy seems serious enough.

"Can you interpret those words Prince Tahir?"