~8~ The Moderate [a Vampire/Slave story]

Chapter 8

HAYDEN'S POV

Naomi and Milton were going at it again; I could hear them across the room. I shuddered in disgust and walked out of the room with my hands over my eyes.

As I was making pancakes, Milton entered the kitchen with his hair all over the place.

"What are you making?" he asked, giving me an apologetic look.

"Go clean up yourself, you look like a wind storm came and attacked you at 100 miles per hour." I said, refusing to look him in the eye.

"Are you jealous?" he asked, trying to pat his 'do down into normal condition. I ignored his question and flipped a pancake over on its other side. He was attractive and I was silent when he came around because I wanted to avoid saying stupid things to him, bla bla bla. I didn't know if that was exactly a mere obsession, or whole hearted infatuation. Either way, I was going to get over it.

"I'm gonna go get Naomi, hold on," Milton's footsteps echoed from the hall. I turned off the stove and slid down against the counter in defeat. So far, my "obsession" wasn't fading away. At all.

"Are you okay, Hayden?" Imperia asked, pushing open the door. I nodded and immediately got up.

"You don't seem okay," Chaos piped up. I smiled when I saw his cheery but concerned face.

"I want a hug," I muttered, and he scooped me up into his arms.

"How have you been?" I asked Chaos. He had gone on a trip to the US for a month.

"Good. America's beautiful. You should go there sometime." He brushed my bangs away from my eyes so that he could see me properly.

"I will. Someday," I smiled at him in a broad way, and snuggled into his chest. As built, handsome, and kind as he was, I had fallen a little too deep for Milton to ever consider Chaos.

"What are you doing?" Milton asked, sounding angry. Chaos quickly lowered me so I was on my own feet again, while Naomi disappeared into the hallway.

"What were you doing?" My master repeated, his dark lips forming into a grim line.

"N-nothing. I have to go to the bathroom," I stammered, hurrying for the door. Milton pulled me back to face him. He forced my chin up so he could look at me.

"You can go later. Right now I want you to tell me....WHY YOU WERE HUGGING CHAOS!"

"Calm down, Milton. I hugged her first," Chaos tried to get Milton to cool down. Milton glared at me ferociously and motioned for me to follow him.

In the hallway he pinned me up against the pantry door. "Why would you do this to me?" he asked.

"Do what?" his hot breath was making it hard to speak, so I was barely ahead of my own words.

"Why would you like Chaos?" he said, his voice life less and drained of energy. Honestly, he looked like crap. Purple circles surrounded his eyes and his complexion was looking paler than normal.

"I don't like Chaos." I replied in confusion.

"Don't like to me, you twit, I can see that you like someone in this house," he growled and grabbed my shoulder. I attempted pushing against him but that only made him angrier and stronger.

"Who is it?!" he screamed.

"I don't like anyone," I protested weakly. He pushed me away from him.

"I can't believe this." He fumed, running his smooth long fingers through his blonde and black hair.

"What?"

"You're going to high school."

"What?!" I shrieked. "But my education...I can't! I haven't gone to school since eighth grade! Master!"

"Don't worry. A chip will be placed in your brain temporarily. With that chip, your brain will get the information it needs and you ca go to high school without the whole age gap issue," Milton said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Why?" I asked. Milton shrugged.

"I thought that it would be nice for you to get a proper education. Pack your bags we're going to Germany for the surgery," he announced, clapping his hands together in sarcastic excitement.

"Is Naomi coming?"

"That's none of your business." Milton gave me a sharp look and I stared behind him in embarrassment.

"What kind of school is it?" I asked.

"Boarding school. Do you want your own room or do you want roommates?"

"Roommates, please."

"I should have known," Milton smirked in distaste and left me standing in the hallway. I kicked the column beside me cynically.

"Why would he send me to a boarding school? Is he crazy? I'll be the new kid who everyone hates, that's all. And really, why should he even care about my education. I'm just a slave to him. God. I never got good grades in my middle school anyway. Oh geez! Whew!" Fury burned inside of me as I grew more and more outraged at the thought of being sent away to boarding school. He probably wanted to be alone with Naomi without me tagging along as a third wheel. Well I was going to give him just what he wanted. Now that I thought of it, it was a good experience for me and I would be able to get over him.

"Is he done yelling at you?" Chaos whispered, from the staircase right above the column.

"Yeah," I said grouchily and smiled at Chaos. Maybe I should like him, not Milton. After all, he's sweet, kind, and generous. So why should I care about Milton?

"Do you want to go eat breakfast with me at the coffee shop?" Chaos offered, still smiling. I nodded and followed him down the stairs when Naomi's familiar heels came clicking after us.

"Hayden! I need to talk to you!" she yelled, putting her hands on her hips. I guess that was her way of showing aggression. I'm not sure.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly when I turned around. "Your boyfriend is in his room if you're looking for him."

"Oh shut up." She muttered as she pulled me along until we were far away from Chaos' hearing range.

"You like Milton, right?"

"No."

"Whatever. Stop playing hard to get and just tell him already!"

"Why? I'm not gonna lie to someone about liking them when I hate them in reality."

"You're so stupid."

"Don't you dare call me stupid, Naomi! I am sick of you treating me like crap all the time! I may be a slave but I never did anything to you and yet you still call me a brat, a bitch, and stupid! Do you even have a reasonable reason for hating me?"

"Actually, I do."

"Well that's a start. Why?!"

"Milton used to love sex. Now he's mumbling to himself all the time and we have less than half of the make out sessions we had before you came and ruined everything! I know we're just fuck buddies but I wanted to ask him to be my boyfriend, to marry me. When I want sex, it takes me fifteen minutes at LEAST to get him to say yes! In the past all I had to do was smile at him right and he would tears the clothes right off!"

I grimaced. "Too much graphic detail."

"Whatever," Naomi spat. "I want my 'buddy' back so you better not seduce him. He's all mine."

"Go ahead."

"Yeah. Uh huh. Definitely." It didn't seem like Naomi had anything important to say so I just left.

"You done?" Chaos whipped his head around the column. Naomi scoffed and walked away, adjusting her bra strap.

"Come on!" Chaos laughed and pulled me away with him to breakfast.