~10~ The Moderate [a Vampire/Slave story]

Chapter 10

"She's Hayden, thank you very much," Ingrid sniffed in disapproval.

"I'm Ginger!" the snobby girl stuck out her hand for me to shake.

"I'm Hayden," I said, echoing Ingrid's words and turning around to walk away.

"Wait!" she said shrilly, making me want to stick pieces of fluffy, white cotton in my ears.

"Yeah?" I winced when she flashed me on of what was supposed to be her killer smiles.

"Do you want to hang out with my friends and me?" she asked. I smirked.

"No thanks, I have better things to do," I replied sweetly.

"Whatever. It's not like I wanted you to be my friend anyway," she answered, her pride hurt. It was silent when she left the dorm again. Ingrid, Drusilla and Curly all chuckled in relief.

"So what do you want to do on your first day here?" Curly asked. I shrugged casually.

"Do you want a tour?" Drusilla suggested meticulously.

"Sure," I nodded in agreement.

"Well, come on, what are we waiting for!" Ingrid squealed in contented joy and began pulling on everyone's arms ardently.

"So this is the cafeteria!" Curly pointed at a double door entrance, scrutinizing the room's contents. I squeezed in between Ingrid and Drusilla to get a good look.

"And that's it!" Drusilla exclaimed. "Wasn't it great?"

"Not particularly. You guys only showed me where we get our food," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Don't worry. Other places will eventually come to you!" Ingrid assured me, now pulling me back to the direction we came from.

As we turned the corner, I suddenly came to a halt. Milton was standing there, his back leaning against the wall perfectly. He was wearing an austere outfit: a simple long sleeved t-shirt and gray sweatpants with flip flops. And this was the first time I'd seen him wearing part of his long hair in a ponytail.

"Woah. Who's that?" Drusilla drooled in lust f or my so-called Master. I groaned inwardly.

This is so not the time for him to be visiting me.

I thought he said he was going to visit me on the weekend?

Ugh! Stupid jerk! How am I going to get over him now?!

"What's wrong, Hayden?" Ingrid asked, discerning the tension in my movements. I shook my head at a loss for words.

"Nothing," I evened out my breathing and continued walking. A few seconds after my mental panic attack, Ginger was already in front of him.

"Hey!" she said in a libidinous voice. Milton turned his head to look at her strangely.

"Hi," he said and straightened his body out. I had disappeared behind another corner but I couldn't help watching as his shirt rode up a little. I could see Ginger was enjoying the show too. Puzzlement washed over me abruptly. Wouldn't Milton be grinding on her by now?

"Leave it to Ginger to always get the guys!" Curly groaned, crossing her arms over her chest childishly. Drusilla and Ingrid hummed in sad agreement.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Ingrid breathed dreamily.

"I'm going to go back to the dorm, I feel tired." I said, not wanting to get my heart broken like every time I saw Milton and Naomi doing it.

Carefully I slowly walked past Ginger and towards our dorm.