TKHND 64: Goodbye

The Korean Heartthrob Next Door

Chapter 64

____________________________

Daniel Ahn's P.O.V

I downed another shot of the alcoholic beverage that was served to me. I savored the taste and pushed the empty glass towards the bartender. He refilled my glass and continued to organize the bottles and glasses.

"You know, I'm not supposed to be giving you these kinds of drinks but you look like you've just had a rough day." The bartender said while wiping the counter. I just gave him a lazy smirk and pushed the empty glass which he quickly refilled.

I downed the liquid and felt it run through my throat. I set the glass down and ran my fingers through my hair. After what happened, I unexpectedly came across a bar that was included in the resort. Technically, I had all of the place all to myself.

"You're not much of a talker, are you?" The bartender prodded. I dismissed his question and clenched my jaw.

"O-okay." He stopped trying to make a conversation with me and just continuously refilled my glass. I want to forget everything that just happened. I want to stop this pain in my chest that was unrelenting. I want to be able to step out of this bar and not have to face her. I can't- I won't.

After many shots of the beverage I was completely drunk. I didn't feel a thing and the pain subsided. I got up from my chair and tried to stand still without falling down.

"Are you serious L?! You're drinking at a time like this? We've been looking for you and Tasha's been bawling her eyes out." I heard Wayde's voice. I looked up and saw him with a frustrated face. I felt myself tense just from hearing her name.

"Leave me alone Wayde! I don't need your annoying lectures right now.Can't you just go away?!" I shouted at Wayde. I regained my breathing after that sudden outburst.

"You don't understand L. You need to hear Tasha's ex-". I didn't even let him finish. I walked- tried to walk pass him while retaining my balance. Why would she want to explain? It's already obvious.

I wobbled while I walked and I would sometimes use the trees as something to lean on. I continued walking and the resort's hotel was already in view. I continued my walk and when I arrived at the side of the building, I saw a figure standing by the wall.

Once I saw his face, I charged my way towards him and aimed a punch to his face. But he dodged it. I was too drunk to see clearly. He held my gaze and I did right back.

"You should really talk to Tasha. You misunderstood everything. She's really hurt right now." Hanver said and I suddenly wanted to punch him again right in the center of his face.

"She's hurt? Well I'm sorry because she's not the only one who's hurting right now. How can she do this to me?! I thought, I even felt that she was different from the other girls but aish! She's a cheating-". I felt a force land on my cheek and was pushed back because of the impact. I clenched my jaw and saw Hanver looking at me with dissapointment.