The end - Jay

"I hate spiders." Jay muttered beside you. "I hate them I hate them I hate them I hate them."

"Did you get your point across?" you asked dryly, edging yourself slowly towards your room, trying not to disturb the eight legged beast in the middle of your dorm room. Your roommate was not going to like this.

Jay shot you an angry look.

He kind of had a right to be mad. Up until the point he got here, you completely forgot about his fear of spiders. You now remembered his story on how he fought a giant, poisonous spider once, and how he's been afraid of them ever since.

Honestly, you didn't really believe him until he walked into your dorm, screamed, and lightning shot out of his nose.

Out of his nose.

So now not only did you have a tarantula the size of a dinner plate on your floor, you also had a snotty scorch mark to explain to your roommate when she came back.

"How did that thing even get here?" Jay whispered-hissed at you, edging, as well, towards your bedroom.

"There's this girl on my floor who has a weird obsession with spiders. It must've escaped or something."

You weren't aloud pets in the dorm building, which everyone knew. Though, you wouldn't be surprised if Lily snuck a giant arachnid into her room.

"If I ever meet her, I'm zapping her." Jay said through clenched teeth.

"With your nose lightning?" you asked, breathing a sigh of relief as you finally slipped into the safety of your room.

"Ha ha." Jay followed quickly, shut the door, and locked it.

You didn't like this situation anymore than he did, but your were pretty sure the spider couldn't open doors. But the look on Jay's face told you he wasn't taking any chances, so you didn't question it.

"Okay. What now?"

"We call the fire department and sit here eating the secret stash of candy under your pillow."

"First of all, we're not calling the the fire department for a spider. I'm already drowning in student debt, and I don't need a fine on top of it. Secondly, how the hell did you know about my candy?"

Jay snorted. "You act like I know nothing about you."

He walked over to your bed and pulled out the bag of fun sized candies you hid there.

"Oh, this one has bite sized snickers." he said, helping himself to your junk food.

"That's not really important right now, Jay."

"I'm perfectly contempt with staying here for the rest of the day mooching off your candy."

"Well I'm not. What about when my roommate comes home? That thing could be poisonous! What if it attacks her?"

Jay chewed on his snickers thoughtfully. "That would be bad." he agreed.

"Plus" you said, pulling out your last card of persuasion "You'd get brownie points if you somehow helped out in getting rid of it."

Jay dropped the bag. "You don't mean-"

"Oh yes. I mean my moms texas sheet cake triple chocolate brownies. With frosting."

You learned a long time ago that you could bribe Jay into doing just about anything with literal brownie points. Especially your moms brownies.