54:Swimming with Scars

A/n: Hello! So next chapter will be a Q&A/Chapter so 30 votes!

"FORWARD!" I shouted pointing towards the direction of the secluded beach side where my family and Kyle's family gathered around for a barbecue.

"Lizzy you're really heavy!" Kyle whined as he came closer and closer towards the shore.

"Shut up and man up to my weight Mr. Football player." I said slapping his head as he ran towards the water just inches away, until.

"Elizabeth!"

"Kyle!"

Turning around, we both saw our Moms digging into their bags and pulling out the sunscreen SPF 50, worst enemies of teenagers.

"Get over here and put some sunscreen on!" My Mom shouted waving towards us as we walked towards them in defeat. Well, Kyle seems happy about the fact we weren't able to jump in the water.

"We're still going in the water Kyle." I said watching as our Moms were more focused into their conversations than to the sunscreen dripping from their hands.

"Umm how can we when our moms are going to put sunscreen on us like babies?" Kyle asked scratching his nipple towards the left. I knew he was stalling by the fact he was looking rom left to right.

"We'll run towards the water whether you like it or not." I said secretly pointing towards the waves.

"Liz we can't just leave without getting sunscreen on our bodies.You see, sunscreen can help reduce the chances of skin cancer and-"

"Michael stop stalling we're going in."

We may be 16, but we're still treated as babies. Who cares if we burn to crisps, we need freedom!

"We'll just run in there and stay inside until we go home."

"Liz I don't think this is a good-"

"3."

"Liz their conversation ended already."

"2."

"I have no pants."

"1!" I shouted grabbing Kyle's arm and ran towards the shore ignoring my parents scolding.Once we reach the middle of the water,we both say down wading around the water.

"HA! FREEDOM IS OURS! USA USA- wait a minute BRITAIN BRITAIN!" I shouted pumping my fist in the air.

"Liz you do realize we never got our freedom? Since the US dumped our tea into the Harbor?"

"Who asked for your opinion Mr. Shrimp on the Barbie?"

"You're so stereotypical Louise."

"And you're a copy cat with the same identical birthmarks." I said swiveling my arms around the water, the cool refreshing feeling through my fingertips.

"How long are we going to stay here? We can't stay in the water forever, we'll shrivel up into raisins." Kyle said swishing back and forth.

"As long as we need to Kyle, as long as we need to. Just shut up and relax." I said laying back a bit on the water.
The sun rays burning my skin to a crisp making it smell like freedom.

Feeling the cold refreshing water on my back suddenly turned warm and awkward to me.

"Hey Kyle?" I asked lightly pushing the water towards his floating body.

"Yeah?" He asked floating around carelessly.

"Why's the water turning warm all of a sudden?" I asked swirling the water around with my hands.