CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE: BOCA RATON

PERFECT
SEVENTY ONE- BOCA RATON
"SORRY SHAWN, BUT I FOUND SOMETHING MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN YOU."

WHEN HEARING OF THE city Boca Raton, you wouldn't think much of it, especially as a lot of people over seas didn't know it existed. They didn't know that it was actually a city in Florida, nor did they know how pretty the city could be at any time of the day.

Lauren was one of those people who had no idea that the city existed, but as soon as her eyes locked onto the city. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. It was incredibly beautiful.

"Why have I never heard of this place before? It's gorgeous," Lauren blurted. "Sorry Shawn, but I found something more beautiful than you."

The band, who were walking beside her, let out chuckles at the blonde's statement. Shawn sent her a playful glare from his position beside her, but she just sent him a cheeky smile. Andrew was walking slightly behind the two teens, but he saw the glances being exchanged between the both of them.

"What're you sending each other those looks for? We all know you idiots love each other. Just screw the sexual tension away already. We all know that you want to," Andrew spoke up.

Lauren and Shawn both stopped walking, halting in their place. The rest of the band then stopped walking, just before they all watched as the two teenagers turned to glare at the manager. They both then turned back around, and continued walking.

To say they were annoyed, was an understatement. The band laughed at the expressions sent Andrew's way by both of the teenagers, but Andrew just shook it off. He'd known them long enough to know that they wouldn't take whatever he said in an offensive manner.

They'd reached the arena again after the short walk they wanted to take around nearby shops. It was a beautiful city to say the least. The group of them walked backstage, over to the stage where they started getting organised for soundcheck.

A few fans had showed up to watch, but not many. As most of them that were there, were lining up for the meet and greet that was to happen just shortly after the soundcheck.

Shawn was getting ready backstage, while Lauren made her way onto the stage with her guitar already. The fans that were watching started shouting out at the blonde, which made her jump slightly, as she didn't know they were there.

Lauren looked out at the crowd, finding about a group of ten girls sitting in the arena seats not far from the stage. She smiled upon seeing them, taking a seat on the edge of the stage with her guitar on her lap.

"Hey guys!" Lauren greeted. "What's going on?"

"Not much," one replied.

"Nothing really."

"Nothing."

"Just chilling."

"Sitting down and waiting."

"Watching the empty stage."

Lauren let out a chuckle at some of the replies she had gotten. The girls watched her quietly as she strummed away at her guitar, tuning it up again before the concert in about three hours.

"Hey Lauren?" A brunette asked.

Lauren looked up. "Yes hun?"

"Do you sing?"

Lauren let out a small chuckle. She looked around to check if anyone was around that could hear her, before she looked back out at the group of girls.

"I do, but not very often. But be quiet about it. It's our secret, okay?" Lauren said.

The girls nodded in response, which made Lauren smile. She knew that she could trust a lot of the fans she met, especially these girls that were sitting a few rows from her.

"Could you sing a little for us?" A blonde asked.

"Sure, why not?" Lauren chuckled. "Any song suggestions?"

"Whatever you're comfortable with," a raven haired girl said.

"Okay," Lauren replied.

She sat for a few seconds, thinking of a song to sing to the group of girls in front of her. A familiar song popped up in her head, and she smiled. She started strumming the intro to the song, before she started singing.

"I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.

"Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light."

Shawn and the band had made their way towards the stage, but stopped upon seeing Lauren singing on stage. Her guitar on her lap as she strummed along to the song.

"I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over."

Shawn's eyes widened in surprise. He didn't know that she could sing. The band stopped nudging each other playfully as they grinned, like they were proud of Lauren, and continued listening.

"Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I'll remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead""

"You know how the time flies
Only yesterday was the time of our lives
We were born and raised
In a summer haze
Bound by the surprise of our glory days"

Shawn stood, his guitar hanging from his shoulder, listening to Lauren sing. It was like he was falling in love with her all over again. Her voice like an angel, a perfect harmony to him.

"Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I'll remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."

As she stopped singing, a handful of claps erupted around the arena that weren't created by the boys behind her. Meaning, that the fans for the soundcheck were already here.

The band waited a few seconds, before walking up on the stage like they hadn't heard anything. Lauren looked up upon hearing their footsteps, and smiled, as she also stood up to start soundcheck.

She was glad that they didn't hear her singing. She was very shy with it, as she wasn't as confident with singing like she was with her guitar. To Shawn, he didn't really care if she was shy or not. She was an incredible singing, and he wished she'd do it more often.

[EDITED AS OF: 28.1.18]

PERFECT [SHAWN MENDES] [1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें