CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE: STORY

PERFECT
FIFTY THREE- STORY
"YOU'RE SO INTO HIM. IT'S CRAZY."

AIDAN COULDN'T HELP THE grin that tugged at his lips. Stubbles let out a meow at Aidan, which had caused the grin that was gracing his lips. Aidan's eyes locked with Lauren's.

"Can I hold him?" Aidan asked.

Lauren nodded. "Sure."

Lauren leaned over, and handed the kitten to her brother. Both Shawn and Lauren watched as Aidan smiled down at the kitten, stroking the fur on his back. Stubbles suddenly started purring at the attention, and the three of them chuckled.

"Well, someone's a little happy," Lauren said.

Aidan smiled. "He's adorable. How old is he?"

"He's about 2 months old."

Aidan nodded his head, gently stroking the small kitten. Lauren started munching away on her food, while Shawn had disappeared into the kitchen to grab a drink. Aidan placed Stubbles down on the couch, and then washed his hands in the kitchen where Shawn disappeared to.

Aidan's eyes locked on the brunette going through the fridge, trying to find something to drink. He grabbed him by the shirt, pinning him against the fridge quietly, so Lauren couldn't hear.

"What the hell are you doing?" Shawn asked.

"If you, as so much as make her shed one tear, I will hurt you. I don't care what happens. She is my little sister, and she doesn't deserve to be hurt anymore than she already has. By the stories I've heard, I believe you have hurt her more than anyone I know. And if it continues, you'll be the one in pain, while you lay in a hospital bed for the rest of your life. You got it?" Aidan said.

Shawn let out a laugh. He wasn't scared of Aidan. He knew that this little pep talk about hurting Lauren was going to happen sooner or later. The thing was though, he didn't need to be reminded of anything that Aidan had said.

He knew what he'd done. He knew that he hurt Lauren, and he had consequences for that. There was no way that he was going to hurt her anymore. Not after everything he's put her through within the past four months.

"You think I'm scared of you Aidan? You think I haven't already had this pep talk before? I know that I screwed up, but it doesn't mean you have to keep bringing it up. I know. I got consequences for my actions, and I'm not planning on hurting Lauren anymore. Like you said, I've been the one to endure so much of her pain. That's why we're strictly staying as friends. There's no need to state what I already know. Now get the hell off me."

Shawn then pushed the blonde off him angrily, before turning back to grab his drink from the fridge. Aidan adjusted his shirt, and then walked back into the lounge room. Lauren was happily munching away on her hot chips, when Shawn called out.

"Hey Laur?"

"Yeah?" She replied.

"You want a drink?"

"A coke please?"

"Of course. Aidan?"

"No thanks."

Shawn grabbed two cans of Coca Cola from the fridge, before closing the door after himself. He made his way back into the lounge room, handing Lauren her drink. Shawn took a seat, picking up his plate of food again.

"So, what is there that you haven't told me Aidan? Oh, which by the way. Is everything," Lauren stated.

Aidan let out a sigh. He then started explaining why he faked his death. It was ordered by the FBI, for reasons he couldn't expose. There were certain rules and missions he had to complete before he could become an agent. But after he was done speaking about all that, he was told that he wasn't allowed to see his family anymore. It took some convincing, but he agreed to it.

He spent his years as an agent, doing whatever had to be done. He even took precaution on keeping an eye out on Lauren. It was a part of the job, seeing as a criminal of some sort was after his family. However, even though he did keep an eye out on her, he didn't know about the two twins being her siblings. His now too.

Then when she went on tour, he insisted on keeping track of her whereabouts; what she was doing; who she was with; who she spoke to; where she shopped at. All that blah blah. He even did background checks on the band and tour crew, just incase the criminal wasn't apart of the crew. But he wasn't. He was someone entirely different, and he was caught not long before Aidan sent out the guitar to Lauren.

"So, all of this, was to become an agent?" Lauren questioned.

"Yes," Aidan nodded. "But the criminal is no longer around. He was sent to jail over seas. Now that he isn't around anymore. I can spend time with my family."

"Your family, that you left behind, might I add."

Aidan let out a sigh. "I know that you're angry at me Lauren, but there was nothing I could do. My boss wouldn't allow me to come and visit you. I could only look out for you, after I found out that the criminal was after you."

Lauren just nodded her head. The blonde cleared up the paper that once held the food that she bought, and went to throw it into the bin. Shawn grabbed the plates and sauce, and took them to the kitchen for Lauren.

"So, what you're telling me is now that the criminal is locked away. You're allowed to have time off, and you can visit your family?" Lauren questioned.

Aidan nodded. "That's all I've wanted since I found out I wasn't allowed to see you guys."

Shawn's phone went off suddenly, and the brunette apologised, as he quickly disappeared out of the room. It was a call from Andrew, which he answered.

"Shawn," Andrew said.

"Hey Andrew. What's up?" Shawn replied.

"I need you to come in to Island. We've got another tour meeting."

"Okay, I'll be there."

"Thanks. Bye Shawn."

"Bye Andrew."

The phone call went silent, and Shawn made his way back into the lounge room. Aidan and Lauren were both halfway through a conversation, when Lauren noticed Shawn.

"Hey, I've got a meeting to go to. I'll see you guys later," Shawn said.

Lauren nodded, rising from the couch. She walked over and hugged the brunette with a smile.

"Thank you for coming with me."

"Not a problem Laur. I'll see you later," Shawn pulled away. "Bye Aidan! It was nice meeting you."

"You too Shawn."

Shawn then made his way to the front door. He disappeared behind the other side of it, and Lauren turned to Aidan. The blonde smirked at his younger sister, which made her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What?"

"You're so into him. It's crazy."

[EDITED AS OF: 21.1.18]