CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: POTATO CHIP!

PERFECT
SEVENTEEN- POTATO CHIP!
"YOU'RE IN AUSTRALIA. YOU CALL IT A CHIP."

THE LOUD RINGING OF guitar strings being strummed echoed around Lauren's bedroom. She had plugged her electric guitar into the amplifier, and had completely forgotten to check the volume dial. However, it wasn't left on the volume she set it on before she left, but it wasn't.

She flinched at the loud sound, quickly slapping her palm against the strings to mute them. Leaning over, she quickly turned the volume back down, letting out a small sigh of relief.

Scratching at the door caught the strawberry blonde's attention, and she turned in her chair to see what it was. She let out a small chuckle when she noticed Bucky with his paws on the door, trying to open it. The blonde opened the door, and then closed it with a small gap so Bucky could leave whenever he pleased.

Lauren then went and sat back down in her chair, picking up her guitar to place it onto her lap. She strummed at the strings, only for a repeat of the loud ringing to happen once again. She quickly turned the volume down on the guitar, cringing slightly. She looked down and noticed Bucky rubbing himself against the amplifier, making her scowl at the cat.

"Buck!" She scowled, nudging him away from the amp.

She had hoped that it didn't wake Shawn up, but it had this time. The poor brunette was sleeping peacefully, until the loud ringing surrounded the room for the second time, awakening him at the sudden volume raise. It was definitely louder than the first time. He had jumped from fright in the bed, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Shawn sat up on the bed, rubbing at his eyes tiredly. His eyes locked on the blonde sitting at her desk with her guitar resting on her lap. He let out a groan, falling back onto the bed. He just wanted to sleep a little more.

"What time is it?" asked Shawn, his voice groggy.

Lauren squealed suddenly at the sound of his voice. "Shawn! Oh my god! I almost had a heart attack!" Lauren shouted, holding her chest to try and steady her racing heart.

Shawn let out a small chuckle. "Sorry, not sorry. It was payback for almost deafening me, and making me shit myself with the guitar."

Lauren let out a laugh. "That woke you?" Shawn nodded. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I figured that you would've gotten bored without me sooner or later," Shawn smiled, rising from the bed.

Lauren sent him a weird look, before laughing sarcastically. "You're funny, really."

"I know right?" Shawn joked.

Lauren rolled her eyes. She then turned away from the teen, trying to find her guitar tuner that she left there when she woke up earlier that morning. It wasn't there however, and she let out a groan.

"Looking for this?" Shawn asked.

Lauren's eyes flickered up to him, noticing the guitar tuner between his thumb and index finger. He had quickly grabbed it when she wasn't looking. She growled at the smirk etched upon his plump lips, snatching the tuner from his grasp quickly.

"You're an ass," Lauren muttered.

"I have a great ass, I know."