CHAPTER THIRTEEN: CAR RIDES

PERFECT
THIRTEEN- CAR RIDES
"MY NAME ISN'T FRED. IT'S SHAWN."

THE BRUNETTE ROLLED OVER in bed the next morning, a pain filled groan escaping the lips of the victim. Shawn had quite a few cups of alcohol, but he wasn't sure why his head was pounding as if he'd sculled a whole twenty-four pack to himself.

He figured it was his pillow, seeing as it wasn't as soft as it used to be. It felt particularly hard when he slept on it the night that had just passed out, or maybe that was because he tripped and hit his head before he fell unconscious on the bed.

He held his spinning head as he rose from the bed, not particularly liking the outcomes of the day already. The brunette noticed that Lauren wasn't asleep on the couch, and figured that she'd be up and about already. He decided on showering, and changing before going to find wherever Lauren was.

Shawn made his way down stairs finally, after constantly stopping because of his spinning head. He walked into the kitchen freshly shaved and clean, when he found a glass of water, and two tablets that were resting on a note beside it. He picked up the note as soon as he noticed it, and read it to himself.

"Shawn,

Drink these, it'll fix your headache - that I know you'll have right now - because your dumb ass kept knocking into the wall whilst you were sleeping, and all the alcohol you probably don't remember consuming.

Your friends, they're not the best people in the world, especially Brian. You probably won't remember what happened, but I'm really not
impressed at all.

I'll be outside when you wake up.

- Lauren"

Shawn placed the note back on the bench and swallowed the tablets with the water provided in the glass. The brunette placed the glass in the sink to be washed later, and made his way out the back door.

Lauren was sitting outside on the grass. She was playing the guitar with her headphones in, on one of the loudest volumes available with the iPhone headphones. The blonde hadn't heard the door open or close, nor the footsteps making their way towards her.

Instead of hearing Shawn, she noticed his shadow in front of her. Her eyes flickered up to the brunette standing beside her with his hands tucked into the front pockets of his jeans, not dressed in the clothes he had worn last night.

Lauren removed the headphones from her ears, pausing the music on her phone. Shawn crouched on the balls of his feet, before laying down beside the blonde in the shade being provided by the large tree behind them.

"How's your head, Fred?" Lauren asked.

"One, it sucks. Two, my name isn't Fred. It's Shawn."

Lauren rolled her eyes, smiling anyway. There was a small silence between the two. After reading the note, Shawn felt as if Lauren was mad at him. He asked her to come to the party with her, and all he remembered was Lauren roasting Brian because he was flirting with her. Unless that wasn't really how it last night went down at all.

"Are you mad at me?" Shawn spoke up.

Lauren looked from the pool area, the place she had been staring at for the past ten minutes, over to the brunette laying beside her. She couldn't help but think about last night, and how she was disrespected in front of all of Shawn's friends.

"No. I'm just mad at the fact that Brian was rude enough to disrespect me in front of all of your friends because I was the quietest, and because I wasn't drinking," Lauren explained.

"I'm sorry," Shawn apologised. "I shouldn't have taken you to the party. I didn't think they'd get that rowdy, or rude. They weren't last time they met a friend of mine."

"Don't be. It's not your fault."

Shawn just nodded. "Hey, you wanna come to Toronto with me?"

Lauren frowned. "I thought we were in Toronto?"

Shawn laughed. "We are. Pickering is a small city within Toronto, which is the capital of Canada."

Lauren frowned. "What the hell is the 'Ontario' bit?"

Shana chuckled. "That's the province. It's confusing as hell. You know what a state is right?"

Lauren nodded. "Yeah. There's seven in Australia. Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania."

"Well that's what Toronto is. It's a state. Over here they call it a province."

Lauren nodded. "Right. I understand now. I'd love to go to the city of Toronto with you."

Shawn chuckled. "Great, let's go."

Driving around Toronto in the middle of the day was quite peaceful, which was surprising. Both Lauren and Shawn had spent hours driving around, just enjoying one another's company whilst they danced around in their seats and sang along to the songs on the radio.

Lauren was really enjoying herself too. Shawn turned to face Lauren with a smile. She was looking out the window which had been rolled down, her hair flying around everywhere as she smiled to herself.

"Hey, you wanna grab something to eat?" Shawn asked.

Lauren popped her head back into the car, looking over at the teen in the drivers seat. She hadn't heard what Shawn had said, and she sent him a confused look.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you. What'd you say?" Lauren asked.

"I asked if you wanted to grab something to eat?"

Lauren nodded. "Yes, I'm starving."

Shawn nodded in response, and they were then making their way towards the nearest fast food place. It wasn't the healthiest place to eat, but neither of them really cared. They still had plenty of time for healthy food.

After ordering McDonald's, the duo continued dancing and singing along to the songs on the radio. It was almost dark when they found themselves making their way back to Shawn's house.

When they did arrive however, Lauren had fallen asleep in her seat. All the driving around and singing made her exhausted. Shawn carried her up to his room again- for the second time in the few days they'd been in Toronto - and let her sleep in his bed, yet again.

He bid goodnight to his parents, who were on the couch watching TV. He then disappeared upstairs to the bathroom, where he brushed his teeth. He then changed into something comfortable to wear to bed, and climbed under the covers on the makeshift bed, also known as the couch.

[EDITED AS OF: 14.1.18]