CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: YOU'RE BETTER

PERFECT
THIRTY FOUR- YOU'RE BETTER
"TRUST ME. YOU'RE WAY BETTER THAN SHAWN."

AFTER CHATTING WITH THE crew for another hour, Shawn and Lauren made their way to the dressing room. Shawn had decided to change for the meet and greet that was supposed to happen in just under 5 hours, incase he didn't have time too. Lauren however, just lazed around on the couch with her phone.

"Laur, how do I look?" Shawn questioned.

Lauren looked up at the brunette as he came out from where he was dressing. He was dressed in a plain black t-shirt, his favourite pair of jeans, and those damn dressy shoes he always had on. Lauren twirled her finger, and Shawn span around for a better look.

"You look good, as always," Lauren grinned.

Shawn sent her a grin, and walked over to where she was lying down on the couch. The brunette wrapped his arms under her knees and her back, and lifted her. He then placed her back down after he took a seat on the couch, because he knew for a fact that the blonde wasn't going to move for him. He grinned up at her when she narrowed her eyebrows, and she giggled, leaning forward to press her lips against his.

Shawn's hand grabbed a hold of her cheek gently, kissing her with a little bit more force. Lauren removed her lips from his, looking at him through her dazed eyes. She was exhausted, although she slept for a whole day. She probably over slept, and made her even more exhausted.

"You tired?" Shawn asked.

Lauren nodded her head as she rested it against his chest. Shawn let out a small sigh, rubbing his hand up and down her back in a soothing manner. Lauren let out a small breath, closing her eyes.

Shawn looked down, noticing her eyes were now closed. "Don't fall asleep on me," He pouted.

Lauren let out a soft giggle, before she found herself falling asleep a few minutes later. Shawn let out a sigh when he realised the blonde had fallen asleep. He now had no idea what he could do since she was asleep on him. His eyes flickered around the practically empty room, having no idea what he could do.

There was a bang on the door three and a half hours later. "SHAWN! Meet and greet in 30! Get ready!" Geoff's voice sounded through the door.

Shawn let out a small groan, his head rolling from one side to the other on the back of the couch. He had fallen asleep on the couch not long after Lauren had. However, the blonde awoke just ten minutes before him, and was changing for the concert which was on in about an two hours.

Shawn's eyes flickered down to find that Lauren was no longer with him. His eyes flickered up to the blonde that walked out of the dressing room bathroom, and he relaxed into the couch with a sigh.

"You scared me. I thought you were gone," Shawn mentioned, pushing himself off the couch.

Lauren chuckled. "I was just changing, relax."

Shawn wrapped his arms around the blonde, who happily nestled herself into his embrace. Shawn kissed the top of her head, causing a grin to overtake her face. She was always a sucker for those types of kisses.

"You ready for meet and greet?" Lauren asked.

"I get to meet more fans. Of course I'm excited," Shawn replied.

Lauren grinned at his happiness, leaning up to kiss the side of his mouth. Shawn grinned down at her, pressing his lips against hers again. A giggle escaped Lauren's lips, and it made Shawn's eyes light up when he heard the sound.

"I need to fix my hair. I'll be back in a second."

Shawn ran into the bathroom, and squirted his hands with a little bit of water. He then ran it through his hair, and fixed it, until he was happy, and confident that it looked good enough. He then walked back out to Lauren.

"Meet and greet! 5 minutes!" Geoff shouted.

"You ready?" Shawn asked.

The nod received alerted Shawn that she was in fact ready. As soon as he took a few steps, the blonde jumped onto his back with a giggle. Shawn craned his neck to look up at her, a grin begging to be seen on his lips. He just shook his head in amusement, and they were off to the meet and greet.

When they arrived, Shawn went in, and Lauren stood off to the side. She stood in a particular spot where she could see Shawn, and it made her smile whenever a fan smiled up at him in admiration. They were about two people in, when one particular girl asked if Lauren was here.

She was about 7 or 8 years old by the looks of it. Both Lauren and Shawn's eyes widened in surprise. They had never had anybody ask about Lauren, so the sudden question was a surprise to the both of them. Andrew nudged Lauren, his expression telling her to go in with Shawn.

"Are you sure?" Lauren whispered.

Andrew nodded. "I don't see why not. You're already here, and she's asking for you," he smiled.

Lauren grinned, walking closer to the curtain, which she opened. Both the girl and Shawn looked over at Lauren, and the smile on the girl's lips made Lauren grin widely. Shawn sent her a smile that she saw out the corner of her eye.

"Hi sweetie," Lauren greeted, bending down to her height.

"Hi Lauren!" She greeted with a big grin.

Lauren let the girl hug her tightly, which made Shawn smile in awe. A fan base for Lauren was slowly, but finally developing. Nobody from the crew knew of that just yet, but it was going to be exposed.

"What's your name?"

"Ashley!"

Lauren smiled. "Hi Ashley, nice to meet you."

"You too! I love your YouTube videos!"

Lauren smiled. "Aw, thank you hun."

"Trust me. You're way better than Shawn."

Lauren let out a loud laugh, giving the little girl a high five. Shawn just playfully pouted at the both of them, but it just made them giggle.

"Can I get a photo with you both?"

Ashley's eyes flickered up to Shawn, who nodded with a smile. Shawn was always up for taking photos with fans, even if they wanted Lauren to be included. Lauren was apart of the crew too.

"Of course!" Shawn said.

Lauren held Ashley in her arms, while Shawn stood next to them. The three of smiled at the camera, and the picture was taken. Ashley smiled at the both of them as Lauren placed her back on the ground.

"Thank you!" Ashley said, grinning.

"You're welcome sweetie," Lauren said, smiling.

After bidding a goodbye to Ashley, Lauren made her way back out. She watched from her spot just a few minutes prior, as Shawn got photos taken with more fans. It amazed Lauren. There were so many people of all ages that came to Shawn's shows. He inspires so many people around the world, and that's one thing Lauren loved.

[EDITED AS OF: 20.1.18]