CHAPTER FIFTY: CENTRAL PARK

PERFECT
FIFTY- CENTRAL PARK
"I CAN SEE THAT, LUCIFER."

WEDNESDAY THE EIGHTEENTH OF May rolled quickly, just as quickly as Lauren's nerves were increasing. She had fallen asleep full of nerves, and she had woken up feeling just as nervous. They slightly washed down the drain like the water in her morning bath had.

After drying herself off from her bath, the strawberry blonde made her way into the bedroom. A sudden squeal escaped her lips when she found Shawn lying on her bed, his phone in his hand. His eyes flickered to the blonde, whilst he let out a chuckle at the sight of the surprise teen.

Her hair was everywhere. Her hand was on her chest, trying to calm her racing heart, while her other hand was trying to hold the towel up around her body. A glare was sent Shawn's way, but the brunette just ignored it, replacing his frown with a smile.

"Good morning sweet cheeks," Shawn smiled.

Lauren sent him a weird look. He was very cheery, which was unlike the Shawn she had grown to know, and love, might she add.

"Morning Shawn. What's gotten you so cheery this morning?" Lauren questioned.

Shawn's eyes stayed on his phone whilst the blonde grabbed the bags of clothes she and Mike bought yesterday, and dumped them onto her bed. The brunette didn't even acknowledge the fact that she had so many bags.

"I'm in a good mood Lauren. Today is going to be a good day."

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. "I can see that, Lucifer."

Shawn frowned. "No need to be a party pooper. Is it really illegal for me to be in a good mood for once?"

"I will make it illegal. You're never this happy, ever. What happened exactly?"

"Well," Shawn started.

He placed his phone down beside him, and kicked his legs so he could sit up properly. The brunette looked at Lauren, who was now dressed in her all white lingerie set.

"I decided not to be a dandy downer anymore, and to enjoy life. Seeing as I am one of the biggest musicians of the year. Might as well act like it."

Lauren snorted. "A what?"

Shawn shook it off. "Nothing, don't worry. I'm only joking. If I ever turn into someone like that. Please murder me and hide the body."

"Who says I don't do that already?" Lauren said.

Her face was completely straight, and the fact that she kept it straighter than Nicki Minaj's curves, surprised Shawn. He thought that she was actually being serious, until she giggled at his expression.

"I was kidding, but I'm sure I could make that into a hobby," Lauren said, falling onto her back on the bed.

She started squirming around on the bed, struggling to pull up her favourite pair of jeans. She pushed herself off the bed, jumping up and down, while Shawn just watched in amusement. She let out a breath when she finally pulled them up.

"Hey thunder thighs. You good?" Shawn questioned.

Lauren tilted her head backwards far enough so she could look at him, and she nodded her head with a grin. He smiled back at her, before leaning forward and kissing her on the forehead in a friendly manner, like he had been since the day he and Lauren made up in the mall.

"I'm super good. I'm just.... a little nervous... I guess?" Lauren said, flipping onto her stomach to look at Shawn.

Shawn nodded in understanding, grabbing a hold of her hands in front of him. "It's okay to be nervous. You're meeting a stranger in the middle of Central Park. Someone who said they'd explain everything, and you have no idea what they meant. Someone, who knew your address, and me! Someone knew that we were close. Either, I'm freaking out way more than you are, or you're going insane."