CHAPTER NINETY: ELLEN

PERFECT
NINETY- ELLEN
"HIS LAUGHTER HAD CREATED A TSUNAMI THAT WASHED AWAY THE CITY OF MENDES."

TODAY WAS THE DAY that Lauren would be meeting Ellen for the first time. It would be the first time she has ever met her, and it'll be her first ever live interview. It was currently the middle of December. The blonde made her way into the studio, waiting where the security had told her to, before Ellen would introduce her onto the stage.

To say she was nervous was an understatement. Her nerves were kicking in horribly, and she found herself wanting to leave several times on her way there. But she couldn't do that, not after everything she'd done to get to this point in her life.

"Welcome, guitar enthusiast and model, Lauren Adams, everybody!" Ellen exclaimed.

The crowd roared with cheers, and Lauren climbed onto the stage. She waved at the crowd with a smile, while walking over and embracing Ellen in a hug. They then took a seat, and started their conversation.

"Hi Lauren, it's nice to finally meet you!" Ellen grinned.

"You too!" Lauren replied, smiling.

"So," Ellen started. "Tell me. How did you get this far? From a YouTuber who posted videos of herself playing guitar and giving tutorials, to, becoming a world famous model. How did you do it?"

Lauren chuckled. "Well, firstly, I practiced and whined a lot." The crowd chuckled at her statement. "I actually started playing the guitar when I was about eight years old. I was sitting in my room one day, reading or whatever the eight year old me would do, and my older brother, Aidan, suddenly showed up in my room with his guitar. And he's like, "pack up, I'm teaching you the guitar", and that's how it all started."

Ellen grinned at her. "What made you want to become a professional guitarist?"

"A professional? I'm not a professional. Throw that at John Mayer next time you see him," Lauren joked, causing laughter to erupt around the studio.

"I just fell in love with playing. I guess I was at that age where, if I believed enough, and I was encouraged enough, that I'd be able to do it. And that's exactly what happened. My dad and my brother both encouraged me, up until my brother died in a car accident when I was twelve. But that didn't stop my dad. It was hard after he passed away, but I never gave up. I continued playing. I practiced, and practiced, up until I decided to make tutorials on YouTube. It just all escalated after that. I was lucky enough to be offered the opportunity to tour with Shawn Mendes on his World Tour just this past year, as his back up guitarist. And it was amazing. I loved it. Everyone was so easy to get along with, and so laid back. I loved it. The fans and crowds were fantastic. It was such an amazing experience."

Lauren was suddenly feeling the ease that came with answering the questions. It was like talking to her dad after not seeing him for months. The only difference was the fact that she was being recorded for the whole world to see. Including her father.

Ellen smiled. "That's great! I'm sure they're very proud. We'll get back to the tour questions in just a second. But, a little birdy told me that your brother Aidan, isn't deceased anymore. Could you maybe explain that a little for everyone who saw your Instagram post?"

"Yeah, yeah of course," Lauren grinned. "As I said earlier, my older brother Aidan, who was eighteen at the time. He was invited to a friend's party, and my dad and I went to pick him up afterwards. Well, on the way home, we had been hit by another car of some sort. My dad had been knocked out cold, while I was disorientated in the back seat, and my brother had been dragged out into the middle of the road. The man actually yelled at him and my brother was pleading for the man to tell him what everything was about, but he was shot in the head."