CHAPTER THREE: BETTER GET USED TO IT

PERFECT
THREE- BETTER GET USED TO IT
"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE NAMED AFTER A GOD, DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE ONE!"

IT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER ago that the strawberry blonde had fallen asleep. When in reality, it was only a few hours. After spending most of the afternoon playing the guitar together, Shawn realised that Lauren had fallen asleep not long after she showered and lay back on the bed again.

He was halfway through strumming the chord progression to Patience, when his eyes locked onto the sleeping form. Her arms curled up in front of her and under the pillow. She was laying on her side, facing him, with her strawberry blonde hair cascading around her shoulders and onto the pillow loosely.

It brought a smile to Shawn's face however. There was a glow around her form, as if she was an angel. Knowing her for the past few days, he knew that she definitely was Lucifer. An angel turned devil.

"How's New York, sweetheart?" Karen asked.

"It's good mum, how's home?"

"Pretty boring. I miss you already."

"I know. I miss you too."

"Zeus, would you stop abusing me?!" Lauren whined in her sleep.

"Just because you're named after a god, doesn't mean you are one! Stop splashing me with water!"

A snort escaped his lips, before he couldn't stop himself from erupting into laughter. Karen rose her eyebrows over the other side of the phone call, wondering what her son was laughing at. As his laughter died down, and he was only giggling to himself, she found herself asking the question that had been tugging at the back of her mind.

"What are you laughing at Shawn?"

"Lauren," Shawn said, laughing. "She whined 'Zeus, would you stop abusing me?', before shouting, 'just because you're named after a god doesn't mean you are one! Stop splashing me with water!'"

Shawn burst into laughter again, kicking his feet against the ground like a maniac. Karen just started laughing at her son, while both Manny and Aaliyah glance over in confusion. Karen presses the loud speaker button, and the both of them looked at each other and started laughing upon hearing Shawn's laughter.

"Who's Lauren?" Karen asked, after Shawn had stopped himself from laughing.

"She's my back up guitarist for the tour, according to her and Andrew. But I'm sure she's pretending not to be a crazed fan."

"Oh," said Karen. "Is she pretty?"

Shawn's eyes averted back over to the strawberry blonde lying asleep in his hotel bed, now lying on her back with her arms sprawled out beside both sides of her head above the pillow. Her hair was sprayed out, whilst her head was tilted to the left in which was the direction of where Shawn was sitting.

He didn't stop the smile from crawling onto his lips. "Yeah," Shawn mumbled. "She is."

Karen let out a small squeak, smiling widely. Shawn almost blushed when he heard the sound his mother had made, but ignored it. However, his cheeks flushed red from the next comment his mother made.