CHAPTER SEVEN: RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL

PERFECT
SEVEN- RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL
"THERE'S GONNA BE HEAPS OF PEOPLE. BUT EVERY ARENA HAS IT'S CAPACITY LIMITS."

WHEN THE BAND HAD finished the second soundcheck, both Lauren and Shawn went back to the hotel to change into other clothes. After protesting as to who got to have a shower first, Shawn won, and was currently showering. Lauren could hear him singing, and she was laughing at him.

"I can hear you Mendes!" Lauren shouted.

"I don't care Adams!" Shawn shouted, mimicking her.

The blonde let her eyes roll in her head, letting out a small chuckle at his mimicking. She grabbed out the clothes that she's be wearing for the concert, which was a pair of ripped skinny jeans, and a crop top that said "cute af", along with her Nike sneakers.

The sound of the shower finally dulled out not long after Lauren fell back onto her bed, reading on Wattpad. Her ringtone rung out around the room as her phone vibrated in her grasp. It made her jump, but smile when the caller ID showed up on the phone.

"New phone, who dis?" Lauren joked, earning a laugh from her boyfriend, Jack.

"Hey baby."

"Hey you. What's going on?" Lauren asked.

"Not a lot, still in California racing unfortunately. I'll be back home soon though."

By the sound of his voice, Lauren could tell that he was smiling over the phone. It made her smile, until she realised that she hadn't even told Jack that she was touring with Shawn. They hadn't spoken in about a week, due to Jack racing speedway over in California.

"Hey, I just remembered. I have something that I need to tell you," Lauren mentioned.

"You're not breaking up with me are you?"

Shawn made his way over to Lauren's room to tell her that she could use the shower, but overheard her conversation with whoever was on the phone. He couldn't help himself, but he eavesdropped on the conversation just a little bit. He was curious as to who Lauren Adams really was.

"No, no," Lauren dismissed with a laugh. "I'm actually not in Australia at the moment, and I won't be for a while."

"Oh, why's that, baby?"

"I was asked to be a backup guitarist for the Shawn Mendes' World Tour. I'm currently in New York at the moment for the tour's opening concert at Radio City Music Hall."

"You did it! You're finally touring the world with your guitar."

"I did it Jack. I finally did it," Lauren smiled.

After so many years of dreaming about touring the world playing her guitar, performing live in arenas globally. She was finally able to live it. After 6 years of dreaming and wishing, it all came true, and she couldn't be happier.

"I'm proud of you baby girl."

"Thank you. Hey, I've gotta go get ready. I love you."

Shawn let out a small sigh of disappointment. Of course she has a boyfriend. Why wouldn't she? She's funny: easy to get along with, and she's passionate about what she loves. Of course the only girl he'd find would be taken.