Richard stood and smiled when he heard his son giggle as his mother-in-law tickled him. Ted approached him and gave him a comforting pat on the back.

"Has there been any update?" Richard asked. "How long ago was she led to delivery?"

"Not that long, son," Ted replied. "Dr. Vega came out and said that they were prepping her already."

"So why is she still conscious?"

Over the course of their marriage, Richard's and Maine's connection to each other had improved. Richard would usually feel uneasy when Maine wasn't feeling well, but thankfully, not too much that he would feel the actual pain.

He felt her discomfort but was also worried that she was still conscious. During the course of her pregnancy, they had agreed that she would not be conscious during the delivery. With this close to the time, he was beginning to worry.

"She'll be fine, Jase," Ted replied.

It was at that moment that Richard's parents arrived with Jerald right behind them. Jerald was with Richard on their way to the hospital but he let Richard down and went looking for parking.

"He thinks he's flying a Concorde," they heard Jerald say. "He took Singapore-Manila in only two hours! And he landed smoothly as always! What did you feed him as a child, Tita Rio? Maybe I could still take it."

Rio just laughed at his remark but didn't comment. Alden saw the new arrivals and cried, "Ninon Je!"

"Hello little guy!" Jerald approached his godson with a smile as Alden untangled himself from his grandmother and ran up to his godfather.

Richard was watching the tender moments between his son and bestfriend, when a nurse approached him.

"Mr. Faulkerson?" She said. "Your wife is calling for you."

After excusing himself from Ted, Richard followed the nurse to the delivery room. He was given scrubs, a cap and a mask after being asked to disinfect. He was led inside the room where his wife, Maine was being prepped for delivery. He saw Dr. Vega and Dr. Arocena, her OB, with her, guiding her on what to do. She saw him approach and despite her discomfort, she smiled.

"I thought you won't make it," she said. "How's Alden?"

"You're suppose to be sedated," he replied. "Why are you still conscious?"

"I was waiting for you," she said. "I don't want to go under if you're not here with me. How's Alden?"

Richard sighed and kissed his wife on her forehead. Dr. Vega asked if they can start sedating Maine and Richard just nodded an affirmative.

"He's fine," he said. "Jerald's with me and Alden immediately ran to him when he saw Je. He'll keep our son occupied. Don't worry. I need you to focus on our daughter first."

"She's excited to come out," Maine replied softly, as the sedative quickly spread into her system.

"She's a fighter like her mom."

He saw her yawn and blinking back the drowsiness that she was feeling because of the sedatives.

"Don't fight it, my Heart," Richard said as he held her hand tightly. "I'm right here. I won't let you go."

"I'll see you later then." Smiled and closed her eyes.

He kissed her once more on the forehead and replied, "see you later."

He then positioned himself where Dr. Vega told him to be and watched silently as the doctors deliver their child.

-oo-

"Maine?"

She struggled to open her eyes when she heard him calling to her. Richard was by her side, his hand holding hers.

"RJ?"

"Welcome back," he said softly. "You've been asleep for 36 hours now. We just let you sleep. Both our parents went home. The crew visited for a while but since you were alseep, they said they'll just come back tomorrow. You were great! I'm so proud of you."

"I was asleep the whole time it was happening," she pouted but Richard chuckled.

"You were still amazing," he said. "Even when you were alseep, you didn't let me go. And you've kept your heart strong all throughout."

"Where's my baby?" She asked immediately.

For an answer, Richard stood and went to the small crib that was placed on the foot of the bed. He gently reached out and cradled a small bundle in his arms before going back to her. She heard the bundle whimper and was making a fuss but her husband kept his hold on her as he gently leaned down to show her their daughter.

"Maine," he said. "I'd like you to meet Diana Elizabeth Mendoza Faulkerson. Lizzie, say 'hi' to mommy."

As if on cue, Lizzie's eyes opened and seemed to look at her mother. Then she gave out a giggle and fidget some more in her father's arms. Maine's eyes brimmed with tears as she reached out. Richard carefully placed their daughter in her arms. Lizzie immediately calmed down, knowing immediately who carried her.

"Hello, Lizzie," Maine cooed and was rewarded by another giggle. She looked at her husband who was smiling at her, a hand placed on his chest near his heart. He then reached out to wipe the tears that fell on Maine's eyes. She said, "you gave her my second name."

"It's only fair," he replied as he reached out to caress his daughter's cheek. "We named our son 'Alden Jason' after all. My baby girl deserves her mom's beautiful name too."

"And I could already see that our precious one will really be 'daddy's girl'," she gave a short laugh. "Where is Alden?"

Richard pointed to the couch where their son was sleeping soundly. He said, "he didn't want to leave and insisted that he would be guarding his baby sister since he's a big brother now. He was very helpful too. He held the bottle of milk while we were feeding Lizzie."

"Our sweet boy," Maine sighed. Lizzie clutched at her finger and held her tight. Maine smiled at the gesture but there was a sudden worried look on her face.

"Heart?"

"How's her heart?"

Richard reached out to caress his wife's cheek before answering, "her heart is strong. They found no abnormalities. She's a very healthy baby."

There was an audible sigh of relief from Maine and she whispered, "thank you. Thank God she has a strong dad."

"She has a stronger mom," Richard countered.

"I love you," she declared. "So so much."

"I love you," he replied. "With every fiber of my being."

"Are you happy?"

"Very. Are you?"

"I can't ask for anything else."

Richard leaned down to kiss his wife tenderly on the forehead and placed a soft kiss on his daughter. He looked at their sleeping son and he saw his twin sitting beside him, looking at them with a smile on his face. He winked, then slowly disappeared. That was when he knew, in that small room at the hospital, he had everything and more.

-oo-

Author's Note:
And so ends this wonderful story. I really hope that you guys enjoyed reading as much as I had enjoyed writing it. This fic has pushed my boundaries as I have never really written a romance before. I had a lot of first in this story and I am just happy that I have delivered something that people appreciated.

Thank you so much for staying. Words cannot express how you guys mean to me. You never let me go. You held on and as a thank you, I have held on tightly as well. Thank you guys so so much!!! ❤️