Chapter 85

Their watergun battle had indeed consumed their time like the last time that they've played. The total tally was at 2-0, with Richard winning the round again. But the smile on his face and knowing that he enjoyed their game immensely sent Maine's heart into its happy beat. It also helped that after their game, Richard scooped her into his arms and kissed her thoroughly. Her arms were around his neck, her fingers played with the hair on his nape, keeping him in place as he explored her mouth. For her, she felt like she also won that day.

Amazingly enough, they arrived at Dr. Vega's office at the hospital in the nick of time. Dr. Vega was reading the blood chem results that Maine did yesterday morning before she went to their company's GA. Dr. Burnz greeted them with a smile as they took their seats. He asked her the usual questions while he verified his findings with the results. When he was finally done, he stood up and asked Maine to sit on the examination bed. She followed suit as she let the good doctor do his routine examination of her before he injects her with the steroids.

"One of these days," he said as he checked her eyes. "I would have to bring my daughter to meet you, Maine. She's seven and at the moment she wants to be a flight attendant. I want to make her aware of what the job entails at an early age."

"Maybe she would rather become a pilot, Doc," she replied with a smile. "I think RJ's job is far more exciting than mine."

"I would disagree," Richard said from his seat but still has a clear view of Dr. Vega's examination. "FAs meet a lot of very interesting people during the flight. They're always on their feet and they make sure that each passenger is comfortable and enjoying the flight. Even when they're tired, they have a smile on their face and is ready to serve. They're actually the ones that assure the passengers that everything is alright whenever we're up in the clouds. We just fly the plane."

"That's a very nice way of explaining, Jase," Doc Burnz said as he stopped and turned to his direction. "How many FAs have you been observing since you've started working for the airlines?"

"Just one," Richard answered, his eyes were boring down on Maine as he said it. Maine blushed as she tried to hide her giddiness as he smiled his bedimpled smile at her. Then he looked back to Doc Burnz and continued, "most of the time our Head FA, Martin, would stop by the cockpit and would complain."

"Flying a plane is no easy feat, RJ," she remarked. "Doc, did I tell you about that time RJ flew our plane over a storm? We didn't even feel it. He's that great a pilot."

"It was a team effort," he answered nonchalantly. "I had Je and Sam with me assisting. It wasn't that big of a deal."

"That's not what Je and Sam said," Maine countered. "They said you had control the whole time. You didn't give Jerald full control of the plane. You had them sleep for at least 2-hours while you didn't get any."

Doc Burnz looked back at his patient and back to her boyfriend and smiled. He turned back to Maine and said, "you guys remind me of my wife and I when we were newly weds. We try to raise the other up all the time. Don't lose that. It will help you in the coming years when things are not good. And believe me, there will be those days. But always remember what you guys love about each other. What made him or her special for you. What set him or her apart from all the rest of humanity. Keep that in mind. And take it to heart."

Maine just stared back at Richard as he did her as the doctor listened to Maine's heart. Dr. Vega's words stuck in both their hearts and minds. They both smiled with a silent promise to remember what the good doctor said.

When he was done, Dr. Vega went to his medical supplies where her steroid shots were already prepared by a nurse before she went in. He double checked the dosage as Richard stood up and went to her side, reaching out to hold Maine's had. He gave it a squeeze before he kissed the back of her palm for reassurance. Dr. Vega wasn't surprised anymore when he came back to see that Richard stood beside Maine. It was already routine for them to do that. Although Maine was used to the injections, having done it alone for years before Richard came back into her life, Richard's presence had a soothing effect on Maine that she was more relaxed. It made his job easier.

"Your steroid levels are still lower than expected, Maine," he said as she quickly injected the steroids on Maine's arm. "I'm honestly not liking it one bit. I would have to double your dosage of injectables. Come back again the day before your flight for another shot. And when you get back from wherever assignments you guys have, you'll get another shot."

"Should we be worried, Doc?" Richard asked.

"Not yet," he replied. "Don't think about it for now. Thinking about it would lead to unnecessary stress that Maine doesn't need. Just don't forget to take your meds. And we'll keenly observe your progress."

He went back on his desk as Richard assisted Maine off the bed and back on the chairs by the table. He was writing a prescription when they sat down. Once done, he gave the paper to Richard.

"Once you've finished up all the meds I prescribed to you last time," he told Maine. "Take these new ones. It would absorb in your system faster."

Maine nodded and thanked the doctor. When they were about to leave the office, Maine turned to Dr. Vega and asked, "can I talk to you privately about something, Doc? I promise, it won't take much of your time."

There was a worried look on Richard face when he heard the reluctance in Maine's voice. Something was bothering her, but she still felt it best first not to tell him. They have a special kind of bond that had improved over the months. It was something similar with what Richard had with Alden before but tamed, subtle and intimate. He knew when to press her or when to just wait for her to share. So he just smiled and kissed her cheek before he closed the door behind him and waited for her outside.

"Okay," Dr. Vega started. "What is it that you want to talk about that Jase is not allowed to know?"

"Well...Doc..."

He saw how uneasy Maine was and there was a blush forming on her cheeks. The good doctor suddenly let out a soft chuckle and said, "ah...no wonder you didn't want him to hear. You want to talk about sex?"

She gave an uneasy smile that looked more like a grimace. Dr. Vega laughed some more.

"I'm a bit scared," she admitted. "Am I even allowed to have sex?"

"Of course," he replied. "Everybody is allowed to have sex. Just use proper protection. Do you want me to prescribe you with pills? There's one that is very effective even if you're taking steroids."

"So," she said. "It won't be a problem for us?"

"Nope," he said as he went back to his table and reached for his prescription pad. "And since it will be your first time, just remind Jason to be gentle. Although, he seemed to be someone who knows this already and the way he treats you, I'm sure he will be very gentle with you. Especially if he wants to fit himself inside you. That would definitely be a tight squeeze."

"Doctor!"

"What?" He looked up from what he was writing and saw how Maine's face was red with embarrassment. "Scientifically speaking Maine, based on his physique and physiology, he has a huge member. I would advice you not to hurry and enjoy it. Just subtly remind him to be gentle with you. It will be your first time after all."

He handed Maine a new prescription. That one contained birth control pills that would be fine to ingest with the steroids in her system.

She immediately kept the paper in her bag and thanked the doctor profusely for his help. Doc Burnz watch with amusement as Maine left room, face beet red after their conversation.