Chapter 94

Maine emerged from her shower once again wearing one of Richard's shirts. He was reading as usual while he waited for her to emerge from the bathroom.

"I've noticed that you have a different book in your hand everytime we're in a new city," Maine said as she crawled towards him as he placed his book by the side table.

Richard was leaning with his back on the headboard, as Maine wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and sighed in contentment.

"Not true," he replied. "I've been reading that book for two weeks already. We've been so busy I rarely get to read."

"Where's my Twilight book?"

"At home," he answered reluctantly.

"Where are you in the story?"

"Bella and friends went to that beach that Edwin isn't invited to."

"You're doing that on purpose."

"What is?"

"His name is Edward," Maine said, looking up at him sternly. "Not Edwin."

"Same difference," he teased. "They both start with an 'Ed'."

"Are you even planning on finishing the book in this lifetime?" She sighed.

"I am," he chuckled as he pinched her nose playfully. "I did promise. But you never really set a deadline."

"You finished 'Game of Thrones' in one sitting," she said in disbelief. "You couldn't finish Twilight with the same pace?"

"I enjoyed reading GOT," he said simply. "I only read 'Twilight' because you asked me to. Like I said before, I could only take reading it a couple of paragraphs at a time."

She kept silent after that but Richard could feel the frown on her face. He held her tighter and added, "Maine, seriously. Twilight is not for everybody, especially if you've read Bram Stoker or even Anne Rice and you don't want to ruin the image that you have on vampires.

"Besides, if I start gushing over Twilight, you should start worrying. It would be a test on how much you really love me. We might actually be cheering for the same team after all."

That earned a giggle from Maine. She cuddled closer to him as he leaned forward and kissed the top of her head. He took a whiff of her fragrance and scowled.

"Did you just use my shampoo?" Richard asked.

"Yes."

"Damn it, Maine!" He muttered that startled her. She raised her head and looked at him worriedly.

"I'm sorry," she started. "I didn't think you would mind. I didn't realize that I ran out and - "

She was cut off when Richard suddenly pulled her to him and claimed her mouth in a very passionate kiss. Maine placed a hand on his chest, grabbing a fistful of his shirt as she moaned when he deepened the kiss. He adjusted their position so that she was lying on her back and he was hovering on top of her. She suddenly gasped, breaking the kiss, when she felt something hard pressed on her opening.

They stared at each other, their breaths ragged. Richard reached out and caressed her cheek as he whispered, "you keep testing my willpower, Heart. I've been hanging by a thread. There is only so much that I can take."

"RJ?"

He claimed her mouth once more in a slow and sensual kiss. Then he left her mouth and trailed soft kisses from her cheek to her ear, nipping on her earlobe playfully.

"You don't know how much power you have over me, Maine," he whispered as he nipped and sucked at her ear, trailing down on her neck. "You are sexy as hell whenever you wear my clothes. You're making me come undone now that you're using my stuff. My shampoo smells so good on you. I'm on my last string. I don't know where else I could hold on to."

"Then don't," Maine sighed as she adjusted her head to give Richard better access. "It's been more than a month, Home. We're safe."

There was a humorless laugh that escaped his lips and he leaned back, looking at her intently. She reached out with both hands, cupping his cheeks, giving them soft caresses that made him sigh.

"My Heart," he said softly. "If we do this now, at this very moment. I will be the only one that would be satisfied. It will be your first time, it should be all about you. Not just about satiating my hunger for you. I may not be able to give you that perfect first time you deserve, but it should at least be special."

"But it had been all about me eversince you've been showing me what you can do, Home," Maine argued. "Don't think that I haven't noticed you taking a lot of cold showers recently. It doesn't seem fair that I'm very sated and you're not."

"Don't worry about me, Heart," he said as he reached out to caress her cheek. "I am satisfied when you're satisfied. I will take as many cold showers as necessary."

"But Home - "

"Besides, the Doc said we need more than a month to be very sure, Heart," Richard said as he lowered himself once more to give soft quick kisses on her lips. He spoke in between kisses as he added, "he said...I need...to be...very careful...with you. Especially if...I don't plan...on using...a condom."

He claimed her mouth once more in a searing kiss, one of his hands found her breast and he started kneading it above her shirt. He heard her moan as she wrapped her arms around his neck, playing with the hair on his nape.

When he broke the kiss, he felt her intake of breath as his hand went to the other breast, giving the same treatment as the former. Maine's eyes looked at him with want, as he was sure he was mirroring her gaze.

"RJ," she sighed as he lowered his head and trailed open mouthed kisses across her neck, licking and sucking on the sensitive spots earning her moans of pleasure.

"Relax, Maine," he whispered in her ear earning a shudder from her. "Let me pleasure you tonight."