Chapter 81

Their tender moment was interrupted by a knock on the door. Reluctantly Richard placed Maine back on the bed and stood up to answer the door. He was greeted by a hotel staff who was holding a guitar. Richard smiled and thanked the staff, closing the door and returning to Maine with a brighter smile as he sat back down on the bed.

Richard started playing for her, having a private concert with his favorite audience. He loved singing for her as he could see how much she enjoyed his music. He could see the twinkle in her eyes as he played the songs he'd written for her, a tear or two would fall in each song that he sang for her. He'd been playing her songs for a time now that he felt proud hearing her sing softly to some of the songs, joining him while he played. Her voice was beautiful, quite angelic that he couldn't help the smile on his face whenever he hears her.

"For my last song for the day," he said to a giggling Maine. "I have a new song. Bear with me as I might make a mistake or two since I've only finished writing last night. I hope you like it."

He started strumming and then started to sing.

🎶All I feel now is the weight of the day
I need you with me to push it away
When we disappear into each other
Our colors appear and bleed into one

Fade into me, fade into you
The two of us melting together
Until we become something new
And we can escape
And watch the world chasing to find us
Both of us hidden from view
If you fade into me
Fade into me

When I'm broken you're the one thing I need
Like an ocean I feel you crash over me
When we disappear into each other
Our colors appear and bleed into one

Fade into me, fade into you
The two of us melting together
Until we become something new
And we can escape
And watch the world chasing to find us
Both of us hidden from view
If you fade into me

Let go, fall in
Drown in the moment with me
Sinking 'til we start to break

Fade into me, fade into you
The two of us melting together
Until we become something new
And we can escape
And watch the world chasing to find us

Oh fade into me, fade into you
The two of us melting together
Until we become something new
And we can escape
And watch the world chasing to find us
Both of us hidden from view
If you fade into me
Fade into me
Fade into me...🎶

When he finished the song, Maine was overwhelmed with emotions. When Richard placed the guitar on the floor she immediately crawled to his lap and wrapped her arms around his waist, her head rested on crook of his neck.

"You make the most wonderful songs, RJ," she said as she raised her head a bit to kiss his jawline. "You always make me feel special. I love you."

"You are special," he replied as he gently guided her head to face him, his finger holding her chin up. "You're the most precious person in the world to me. I will always show you how much you mean to me, Maine. I will never stop showing you how much I love you."

Maine smiled and kissed his cheek. She slowly moved away and picked up the guitar that Richard laid on the floor. She then mimicked his stance and said, "can you teach me how to play?"