Chapter 67

"If you stare too much, Captain, she might melt."

Richard turned to find Ardee and Anne behind him. Both were smiling, with Anne not able to hide her giddiness. Ardee was the one who spoke and she kept her smile as she had been observing their captain since he came out of the cockpit and head to the business class section of the plane where Maine was assigned for that trip home.

Ardee also noticed that it was the second time their captain had done that since Maine became part of the team. The first time was their Manila trip coming from Milan. The captain came out of the cockpit while they were serving the meals on their second leg of the journey and he just stood in the sidelines watching Maine work. He didn't approach her or even talked to her, he just stood behind the curtains like what he was doing at that moment and watched Maine as she served the meals to their passengers.

"Aren't you going to approach her, Cap?" Asked Anne who was helping Ardee in the galley.

Richard shook his head and replied, "she's currently working. Besides, I'll have plenty of time to talk to her when we drive home. Let her work. She seems to be enjoying herself."

"It's amazing how you guys could keep your professionalism while at work," Ardee said with a smile. "Valeen and Jerald have always had a hard time restraining themselves sometimes. It's amazing how Martin have yet to give them a memo."

"We're not yet together, Ards," he replied. "I'm still courting her and I'm doing my best not to rush her. I'm trying to give her the time that she requested."

"This is you giving her time?" Ardee asked mischievously. "I wonder what you'd be doing once she's your girlfriend, Captain."

"You could've fooled me, Cap," Anne remarked, agreeing with Ardee. "I mean, you're already like this with Maine, and you're just in the courting stage. What will you guys be like when she finally says 'yes'? And believe me Captain, she will say 'yes'."

"Maybe they'll be worse than Val and Je," Ardee snickered. "The baggage area below would be used more often for those types of rendezvous. Then again, there's always the washrooms. But that's Sam's and Patricia's department."

"There's always the galley."

"Too public," remarked Ardee. "I think Captain Jase would be more discreet with Maine. I still say the washrooms are the best bet. It's more sound proof."

"I got it!" Anne exclaimed. "They'll book a different hotel room that we don't know about."

"You're half-right, Anne," Ardee remarked and her face brightened. "But they don't need to book a different room. It's a Captain's privilege to have a room for himself. Same with the Head FA. He could just bring Maine there. He's done it before."

"Stop talking about me as if I'm not in the room," Richard sighed as he closed his eyes and pinched the ridge of his nose. He was trying to stop the images that Ardee and Anne had suggested from forming in his mind. It wasn't working, especially after their kiss at Neuschwanstein Castle. He could still feel Maine's hand holding his thigh tightly as he kissed her in front of those two French ladies who were interested in Maine. He savored the taste of her, wanting more. He honestly wondered how long he could keep his composure around Maine. His physical attraction to her just keeps getting stronger and stronger everyday.

Ardee saw the struggle their Captain was experiencing and couldn't help but tease him more.

"Martin will have a field day on your next rotation when the experiment starts," said Apple with a tinge of sadness in her voice. "All three pilots with their significant others in one team. Too bad I won't be here to witness Captain Jason Faulkerson give Martin Croft a headache."

"When have I ever been a problem to Martin, Ards?" Richard teased.

"As Martin would always say," Ardee replied with smirk. "There's always a first time, Cap."

"You did bring Maine inside a washroom once, Cap," Anne reminded.

"We just talked," he explained. "And Martin was eavesdropping. We had nowhere else to go but the washroom."

"Maine spent the night in your room in Milan."

"You didn't answer her texts. I also remembered Maine telling me you were tipsy that night."

"Maine spent the whole day in your room the other day."

"I was asleep for the most part."

"And both of you were mum about your trip to Bavaria."

"Ah," he smirked, showing a shadow of a dimple. "It was pretty uneventful for the most part."

"And for the rest?"

"I would like to keep that between Maine and I."

He turned away abruptly and peeked between the curtains again to hide the blush that was forming. He heard the girls giggle in the background. He saw Maine head back to the galley of the business class section. She was walking backwards, looking at the exact place where he was standing and winked. He smiled and checked his watch. It was time for him to head back.

"You're not even going to let her know you were here?" Ardee asked as he turned to head back to the cockpit.

"She knew I was here, Ards," Richard had a knowing smile. "And that's all that matters."

Then he turned and continued walking back to the cockpit.