Chapter 83

"Maine! You've been in there for almost 10-minutes. Are you okay?"

Richard knocked on the door of the bathroom where Maine went in to change. He had already changed in his swim wear but Maine hadn't come out yet. He was starting to worry.

"I think I made a huge mistake with my swim wear," she answered from the other side.

"Why?"

"I don't think I can come out wearing this," he heard distress in her voice.

Richard knocked again and asked to be let in but Maine was adamant.

"Heart," he said as he placed his ear by the door. "What's wrong with the swim wear?"

"I can't wear it in public."

"Were you the one who chose it?"

"Yes."

"Is the color ugly?"

"No."

"The print?"

"There's barely any print."

"Is it too big?"

"No."

"Too tight?"

"No."

"Does it cover the important parts?"

There was silence on the other side that made Richard worry even more. He knocked on the door, louder this time and said, "Maine, please come out or let me in. Please? Martin will be here in about five minutes if we don't join them."

"Just tell Martin I won't be joining then," she said from behind the door.

"Maine," Richard said. "I won't leave you. Especially if I don't know what's wrong. Please. Just come out. We'll deal with this together."

There was still silence on the other side of the door as Richard sighed aloud.

"Maine?" He said softly. "My Heart? Please open the door before I decide to break it open. Just come out. Please?"

There was another moment of silence until Richard felt the door move. He stepped back to give Maine room. Maine took tentative steps outside, her arms folded on her chest. The sight of her made Richard's jaw drop. Maine was wearing a tankini. The lower part was mint green, giving emphasis on her shapely legs. Her top was black with white streaks, opened at the middle exposing her stomach. A metal ring was acting as a clasp on her breast area, the only thing holding the suit together. A thin strap was wrapped around her neck holding the suit up. Maine's hair was down, her hair a soft wave on her shoulders. She looked amazing if not for the frown on her face.

"Wow!" He exhaled a breath that he didn't know he was holding. He darted his eyes to her face and saw the worried look there. "Aside from the fact that I would have to fight off every guy who would be looking at that gorgeous body of yours, what is wrong with the suit?"

"My scar is exposed," she whispered. She was looking down, unable to look into his eyes.

"So?"

"It's an ugly scar, Home," she replied. "I don't want anyone to see it."

He reached out and tugged at her arms so her chest was exposed. Sure enough, her scar from the operation could clearly be seen. A thin pinkish line that started at her cleavage and ended on her rib cage. He held her waist and stooped down, trailing soft kisses on the scar starting from her rib cage up until where it ended on her cleavage. He kept hold of her as he continued trailing soft kisses on her chest, to her neck then her jawline, and finally capturing her lips in a kiss filled with emotions. He heard her moan as he felt her arms wrapped around his neck, deepening the kiss. Richard reluctantly withdrew, giving a few more nips on her lips before he rested his forehead on hers.