Chapter 93

Over the next couple of weeks, the experiment was in full swing. The teams were making sure that their flights were on time and the service was impeccable. Martin's team was the model team, since the team was hand picked by Martin himself. His team was the gauge for the other two, and pressure was high for them to achieve a certain goal.

Following the incident, Marc stayed clear from Maine which Adele found quite hilarious. Who knew that the sweet, timid girl that was part of her team once could pack a decent kick to someone as deserving as her Captain Marc. With his ego so deflated, Marc was more accommodating and pleasant to work with. She silently thanked Maine for it when they saw each other on their first stop.

Richard and Maine have not changed their work ethics, much to Martin's dismay and joy as he now also have to keep an eye on Sam and Patty so they wouldn't follow into Jerald and Valeen's footsteps of sneaking around the plane while airborne. Richard still checks up on Maine during meal times, but as always he just stayed behind the curtains, content to just look at her while she worked. She would always know that he was there though, even when he never shows himself.

Martin was able to fix their room arrangements so that Maine and Richard would always share a room. Richard had mixed emotions about the new set-up, since Maine had already started taking the pills and was so irresistible in bed that it was taking all of his willpower not to go all the way yet. The buddy system was also rearranged as the two were usually inseparable anyway when they were in the city. Richard just made sure that Martin knew their whereabouts whenever they weren't with the group.

The team was currently in Milan. The couple have just finished settling in their hotel room and was about to head out. Richard had his phone in one hand since he was sending a message to Gian Carlo as he always does whenever he arrived in the city, and Maine's hand on the other. They were waiting by the elevator with Tom and Martin when Marc stepped out of his room on the same floor.

"What do you do with the plane, Jase, that you always seemed to be on time all the time?" He exclaimed as he greeted the new comers.

Richard just gave a chuckle and replied casually, "just lucky, I guess. We had fair weather all the way here."

He felt Maine clutched his hand a little too tightly. Maine had not forgotten the incident at their HQ and apparently so did Marc as he unconsciously pulled down the jacket he was wearing to hide his groin area.

Richard just tried to hide his amusement. After much thought, he let the incident slide. Maine did hit him hard that he almost didn't make it on his first day of the experiment. Marc had indeed learned his lesson that day as he never bothered Maine again.

"So," Marc said. "Where are you guys off to?"

"I don't know about these two love birds but the rest of us are going food tripping," Martin said as he noticed Richard was checking his phone for a message he just received. He noticed that his face brightened at whatever he read and whispered something to Maine that made her giggle.

When Martin cleared his throat, that was the only time the couple looked at them. Martin raised an eyebrow in question, waiting for Richard to answer Marc's inquiry.

"Oh," Richard said. "I'm taking Maine to that bookstore I mentioned to her before. I wasn't able to bring her last time as we ended up in Rome instead."

"Just the bookstore?"

"I could get lost in a bookstore for hours, Martin," Maine explained. "RJ knows that we would be spending most of the morning there before he goes off to practice at Gian Carlos."

"So you're playing tonight?"

"I just got confirmation from Gian Carlo," Richard replied, raising his phone for the others to see the message window open.