Chapter 79

Once the bellboy left the room and they were alone, Richard pulled Maine towards him and kissed her. The kiss was soft and reassuring, as he gently coaxed Maine to let him in. With a sigh, she let him as her arms found their way around his neck, playing with the hair on his nape. Richard deepened the kiss but it was still slow and teasing, like he just wanted to assure her that everything was alright. One arm wrapped around her waist while the other hand was at the back of her neck keeping her head from pulling away, he pulled her closer as he slowly inched their way towards the bed.

Without even breaking their kiss, Maine felt herself being lifted and gently laid down by Richard on the bed. Once on the bed, Richard left her lips as he trailed soft kisses down her jaw to her neck. He heard her moan and she adjusted her head to give him better access.

"RJ..." She moaned as she felt his hand slowly unbuttoning her uniform. She whimpered as she felt his fingers grazed her exposed flesh. He captured her lips once more, his kiss slow and sensual, their tongues dancing.

He finally broke their kiss when he felt Maine unbutton his uniform. She was able to open up three buttons with his white round-neck shirt peeking underneath, before he pulled away. They were breathing hard, as Richard hovered over Maine. His forehead was on hers and his eyes were closed. He sighed aloud before he completely pulled away and sat beside her.

Richard was always trying to control himself around Maine, never going too far whenever they make out. It was hard as everyday he felt himself slipping. It wasn't helping either that Maine was a very willing partner.

Maine's eyes were still closed, a hand was placed on her chest near her heart. She looked so tempting with her dress parted open baring both shoulders exposing her bra, the scar from her transplant peeking between her fingers, and the garter of her underwear showing a bit. Her hair was tied in a loose ponytail but some of her locks escaped from the tie, completing her temptress look. He reached out and caressed her cheek. He heard her sigh and opened her eyes to look up at him.

"I hate it when you do that," she sighed again as Richard adjusted himself so he was lying down beside her. He laid down on his side, facing her. His arm reached out again as he caressed her cheek.

"Do what?"

"Stopping when things are getting a bit more...intimate," she said as she reached out to continue unbuttoning his uniform. Richard caught her hand, stopping what she was doing. He closed his eyes and sighed. He placed her hand to his lips, kissing it affectionately.

"Well one of us has to," he replied softly as he once more reached out to caress her cheek. He loved the feel of her skin. It was so soft and smooth that he can't get enough of her. "You don't know the effect you have on me, Heart. It's taking all my self-control not to go too far or go all the way with you."

"But what if I want you to go too far?"

"We can't. Not yet."

"You don't want to go all the way with me?"

"Quite the opposite," he said as he pulled her towards him in an embrace. Maine rested her head on his chest, her hand found its way under his shirt, her fingers drawing circles on his chest. Richard sighed and stopped her once more. He added, "I want you so much. In every way possible. But we're not ready yet. It will come to us. But not today."

Maine pulled herself up and pressed her lips on him, coaxing him to respond. Richard was reluctant at first but finally gave in, giving her reign on their kiss. She finally managed to unbutton the rest of his uniform, as well as finding the hem of his shirt once more. She heard him groan as her hand crept up under his shirt, feeling her way up to his chest. Her progress stopped when one of his hand held her wrist, and his other arm went around her waist. He turned them about so that he was now on top of her. With a few more nips to her lips, he broke the kiss with a sigh.

"We need to stop, My Heart," he said softly. "Hanging by a thread, remember? Besides, I want to ask you something."

"Ask me what exactly?"

"It's about Marc."

At the mention of his name, Maine frowned. She slowly extricated herself from Richard and sat on the bed, propping some pillows on the headboard so she could lean back. Richard sighed again and did the same.

"I felt your agitation when you saw him," Richard started calmly, trying to get her to talk as she seemed uneasy with the topic.

Maine got another pillow and hugged it to her chest. This worried Richard more.

"Did he hurt you, Maine?"

She turned to him and saw the worry on his face. She reached out and placed a hand on his cheek. She gave a timid smile before answering, "it's nothing like that, My Home. But I was once on his flight team before I got transferred to yours. He was a nice guy but very arrogant. He was flirting with me but I wasn't interested. Like I said, he was very arrogant. And he just couldn't take a hint when I was turning him down nicely.

"I was just really uneasy around him because of it. Let's face it, I'm new to international flights. He's been on MJN even longer than you. There are things going on in my head that's purely my imagination, but I blame that on watching too much 'Sherlock' and 'NCIS'. So when Tanya demanded that I switched assignments with her, I gave in. Just so that I won't cause an incident if Captain Marc did try something."

"So, he didn't try anything?"

"No," she replied with a smile to reassure him. "Not the trying you are implying. Besides, I've only been with them for two weeks. But looking at it as an observer, it was funny. He would stop by my station doing small talks, bothering the rest of the crew. Being on the receiving end of that flirting, it was stressful. Besides, if he did try something I always have a pepper spray in my pocket. I would have used that on him without hesitation. I just don't like seeing him around with his 'I'm God's gift to women kind' attitude. It invites trouble. I knew he would flirt with me again, and I don't want that. It's unwanted attention and you know how much I don't like that."

He pulled her to him and placed her on his lap. He held her close and kissed her temple. Maine wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest. They kept that position for a few moments, just enjoying their moment of togetherness.

"I guess I have to ask Martin to send Tanya some flowers," Richard finally said.

"Why?" She asked with a frown.

He chuckled as he brushed her lips with his thumb. He gave her a quick kiss on her lips before replying, "I have to thank her for switching with you. If she didn't, it would have taken longer for me to have met you, Marc might have succeeded in pursuing you and we wouldn't be here right now. So, yeah. I need to find a way to thank her somehow."

"Just ask Martin to give her a cake," Maine suggested as she cuddled closer.

"Jealous?"

"No," she replied. "But I don't want her getting the wrong impression. I'm not sharing My Home to anyone."

Richard smiled at her reply and held her closer.

"Do you want to head out to the beach now?" She asked.

"Can we just stay in today?" He suggested. "I don't feel like sharing you with anyone today."

Maine smiled and quickly kissed him on his cheek.

"I like that idea," she replied as she started to free herself from his hold and left the bed.

"Where are you going?" He asked as Maine took off the tie that was holding her hair in a loose ponytail. Her hair flowed on her back in soft waves that Richard itched to hold her once more.

"I'm going to take a shower," she replied with a seductive smile. "Care to join me?"

"Oh, how you test my willpower, Maine," he replied before he lied back down and shoved a pillow on his face.

Maine laughed as she sauntered towards the bathroom, slowly taking off the dress that she was partially wearing and dropping it on the door of the bathroom before closing it behind her.

"God," Richard said as he looked at the ceiling of their hotel room, his hands clasped together in prayer. "Please help me resist the temptress that I've mistakenly invited in my room."