Chapter 103

Maine's curiosity peaked when Richard led her to Hotel de l'Europe. She was silent beside him as he talked with the front desk in French. After a few exchanges he led her to a seat and told her that they were just getting the room ready.

"This was the hotel that my former team stayed in on my first time in Paris," she stated as she looked about the lobby.

"I know," He replied. "We were staying here too. I just didn't come out when Marc's team arrived. You guys had dinner out, right?"

"I didn't join them," she said. "I just got bread from the shop near here and ate in my room. I was hiding from Capt. Marc, remember?"

"Which shop?"

She mentioned the shop across the street that sold paninis and salad.

"What time did you buy your food?" Richard asked, heart pounding as he waited her answer.

"Around this time," she replied. "7-ish."

"I missed you about an hour then," he grimaced. "I went down to buy at the same shop around six. Damn! I could have met you that night!"

"We're together now," she said as she reached out to take his hand. "That's what matters more."

"Still," he sighed. "I could have met you a day earlier."

"And I would have fainted in that bread shop," she giggled. "Can you imagine how the shop keeper would have reacted if I fainted in the shop?"

He chuckled as he tried to imagine the scene and replied, "I guess you're right. It would have been funny though. The shop keeper would be in a state of panic while I try to wake you up."

It was at that moment when the front desk officer called Richard's attention to say that their room was ready.

"You booked a room?" Maine asked as he led her to the elevators.

"I'm holding a private concert for one," he replied as she held the elevator doors for her. "I don't want to do it in their dining area."

"We could have just done this in Hotel Richmond."

He shook his head and said, "I don't want to risk getting interrupted by Martin and the team. And Giselle. God help me if she interrupted us. Tonight's our night. We never really celebrate monthsaries. I just want this night to be different, if not special for you."

Maine stepped closer and wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his chest. She replied, "you're enough. You always make me feel so special."

"Because you are," he said. "And I will never grow tired of proving it to you everyday just how special you are."

"I love you, my Home."

"I love you too, my Heart."

They've reached their floor and Richard led Maine through the hallway to the room that he booked for the night.

"Wait here for a sec and close your eyes," he asked when they reached the door to the hotel room. "I need to be sure everything is ready."

Maine reluctantly followed as Richard made a quick survey inside the room. He kept the door ajar to check if Maine was fine and saw that she was patiently waiting with her eyes closed. He went back to her and held her hands to lead her inside.

"RJ?"

"It's just me," he replied. "Keep your eyes closed, Heart. I'm right here. I won't let you go."

He slowly led her inside, taking off her jacket and shoes for her, and placing it in the closet with his, along with the rest of their stuff. They walked through the short hallway that opened to the room inside. It was a one room suite but was spacious and dimly lit. One side of the room had the queen size bed, a guitar case with a ribbon, was carefully placed at the foot of the bed.