Screw Normal

*Blair's POV*

When Audrey hung up, I sat and stared at the wall for a minute.

Audrey's probably wrong. I mean, what if it's just an old friend?

You were her only friend up until a little bit ago.

Who else could she be seeing already? It's not like she just has a list of guys to contact in case something happens!

Or...does she?

A brisk knock at the door stirred me out of my thoughts as I rushed to answer it, and found a panting Audrey waiting.

"I ran as fast as I could," she gasped.

"Are you sure they were in love?"

Before Audrey answered, she walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a small glass. As she filled it, she said, "Blair, they were throwing grass at each other, she was giggling, and they were so close together it made me feel claustrophobic."

I tapped my chin nervously. "You're right. That does sound like a relationship. But what if it's not official?"

Audrey took a sip. "Official or not, she's moved on! As weird as that is, it doesn't matter if they're actually together. It was pretty clear to me: she isn't interested in Niall anymore."

I sighed and plopped on a barstool. "I mean, I guess it makes sense. Every time we mentioned his name, she immediately changed the subject. She doesn't complain about what they had before, because she's let go. I've never seen her do that."

"If you think about it," Audrey remarked, "she's never had a break up before. How would you know that she wasn't one to move on quickly?"

I grunted. "I don't!"

Audrey gulped down the rest of her glass and walked over to me. "I think its best that we don't say anything about it."

"Yeah," I sighed. "She'd get really mad if she found out we were eavesdropping.

After sitting for a moment in silence, Audrey said goodbye and left. I wasn't sure what to do. I knew there was something wrong with the scenario. There was one piece missing that made the whole picture incomplete and confusing to comprehend. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something off about it all.

*Pepper's POV*

Before I could think about what I'd just said, I was engulfed into a warm embrace from my mom, followed by a warm smile from my dad.

"I'm so glad you changed your mind," my mom smiled.

"Yeah," I squeaked. "After talking with him today, I realized how dumb I'd been to fall in love with a heart breaker."

What are you talking about?! He didn't break your heart! You just broke his!

"You're moving back in!" My dad said proudly. I smiled. My mom jumped for joy.

"And James has to come over for dinner," my mom added. "I'm so proud of you! Even though I disagreed with your father about having you kicked out at first, it was all worth it in the end!"

"Yeah," I said with the biggest fake smile I could muster.

Some parents.

"Go and get your things," my dad said with a huge smile. "We'll be having dinner together tonight!"

I swallowed dryly and nearly skipped out the front door.

Maybe saying I loved James wasn't such a bad idea after all.

But everything I'd just said to my parents: Niall being a heartbreaker, untrustworthy, and worse, not the right decision. In reality, he was the right decision, but they couldn't know that.

And also, James wasn't a horrible person, and he was kind of attractive...

I almost ran to Blair's house and tried to think of a way to sneak in and out so I wouldn't have to tell her I'm moving out.

I slowed my pace as I rounded the corner to Blair's house, only to see her car in the driveway.

Dang it.

I'd just have to tell her.

*Blair's POV*

I decided to relieve my stress by taking a hot bath. While the water was running, I put on my fuzzy robe and slippers and sat on my bed to think before I relaxed.

If Pepper really didn't love Niall anymore, she wouldn't talk about him.

She doesn't.

If Pepper really didn't love Niall, she wouldn't try and talk to him.

She doesn't.

If Pepper really didn't love Niall, she would say so.

She hasn't.

I shook my head and walked into the bathroom. My slipper slid off my feet and I turned off the water. I untied my robe and sighed as I slipped into the warm, bubbly water and settled down knowing that this bath was much needed.

*Pepper's POV*

I pulled out the spare house key from inside the mailbox and opened the door quietly. So far, no Blair. The house seemed empty, but I knew she was here somewhere.

I tiptoed up the stairs and quickly darted to my room to pack my things. As far as I was concerned Blair had no idea I was leaving.

But I felt so guilty about leaving her. She'd been nothing but great to me and was my only friend for almost my whole life, and I was treating her this way to say thanks? How ungrateful, how selfish!

But I had to. My parents loved me again. My life was starting to come back to normal.

Normal.

Last time I'd ever thought about normal, was when Niall had asked me to go to dinner with him. I had said: screw normal. Now, I was easing my way back into my normal life...except with my parents at home.

I was taking my clothes out of my drawers and transferring them to my suitcase when I suddenly screamed and threw them against the wall.

"What is normal?!" I cried out. I fell to my knees and felt incredibly helpless and clueless as to what to do. I wanted to make my parents happy, but I also wanted to make Blair happy.

In the end, I pulled out my phone. It took three rings before my mom answered.

"Hi sweetie! Are you packing?"

I bit my lip. "Yeah.. about that...um...my plans have changed."

"What do you mean?" she sounded concerned.

"Don't get me wrong," I swallowed dryly. "I'm not...in love with Niall, but I just don't think I can move back in. I just can't."

"B-but...darling!" mom blubbered. "You must've been so lonely these past few months, you know, with no friends, and...I mean...we want to give you your normal life back!"

I breathed slowly. "Screw. Normal." I then hung up and looked at my half-packed suitcase. The only bad part was, I had to put everything back.

*******

you guys...I'm so so sorry. I haven't had any time to write!! at all!! I hope this chapter is good...

beyy xoxo