Rehearsal

As we drove to Niall's house, Blair kept asking questions.

"What did James say to you?"

"Was he cute?"

"Did he kiss you?"

I finally looked back with a flustered expression. "I'll tell you later, okay?" Blair sat back quietly and didn't talk for the rest of the drive.

"We're here," Niall finally said. He parked the car in the driveway and helped us get out. His house was a humble size: it was a dark grey with a bright red front door. There were potted plants on the front porch and a small flowerbed in the side yard.

"Love your place," I said.

"Thanks," Niall said with a smile. We walked in through the front door.

"My mum's out for the weekend, so we have the house to ourselves." Blair and I sat on a couch and Niall went to the fridge.

"What's your wifi password?" Blair asked suddenly.

"Blair!" I said. "Seriously?"

"No, no. It's fine," Niall assured me. "niallissexy. No capitals, no spaces."

I raised my eyebrows.

Then Niall laughed. "I'm just kidding. It's horanhouse4321. No capitals, no spaces." Blair typed away and was soon on Twitter.

At least I have a data plan.

Niall came and sat next to me with an Izze in his hand. He offered me one, but I took it down. While I was on Pinterest, I felt something land on my shoulders and wrap around my forearm. It was warm and firm.

Niall's arm.

When I looked at him, he was looking straight at me. I smiled and turned away, and started to blush.

Don't let him get to you, Pepper! Gosh dang it you are so vulnerable!

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Niall got up to answer it. Blair and I both got up and went to greet the guests.

"Niall!" We heard a one call out. The sound of three other voices intertwined with each other to create a mob of noise. I didn't realize that four boys could make so much noise.

There were four of them: one had curly brown hair, one had a black quiff, one had a tattoo with five arrows on his arm, and the other one was wearing a striped shirt. They were all carrying small bags.

"Lads," Niall pointed to us. "This is Pepper and Blair. They're here to listen to us."

"Ooh! Has Niall found a girlfriend?!" The striped boy taunted. Niall responded by punching him in the arm.

"More like found us some fans," the arrow tattoo boy said. I liked the sound of that.

But I also liked the sound of Niall's girlfriend too...

"I'm Liam by the way," the arrow tattooed boy said.

"And I'm Harry," the curly haired one piped up.

"The name's Zayn," the quiffed boy said.

"And I'm LOUIS!!!" The striped boy yelled out. Niall laughed that adorable laugh of his, and Blair and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Alright, let's go downstairs," Niall ushered us. The basement was dark, but as soon as we turned on the lights, we saw a few couches, a couple microphone stands, and a small platform.

"So this is where the magic happens," Blair said in awe. "I can't wait to hear you guys!"

"I hope you like it," Liam replied with a wink. Blair blushed.