Persuasion

"Hey Pepper!" Someone yelled. The voice obviously belonged to my best friend, Blair. I turned around and shot her a big smile.

"Are you doing anything later tonight?" She asked. I shook my head and looked at her suspiciously. What was she going to drag me into this time?

"Good. Let's hang out after school and I'll tell you all about it." Before I could object, Blair skipped down the hallway and I was left with my textbooks and thoughts. Whatever Blair wanted me to do, I knew I wasn't going to like it.

***

After school, Blair met up with me at my locker. As we walked to my car, I tried to convince her to tell me her idea, but the girl wouldn't budge!

"Please Blair? Maybe if the suspense wasn't killing me so badly, I just might do whatever it is you want."

"Oh trust me," Blair smirked. "You're definitely going to like this one." My stomach twisted.

She's got me in for it.

As we pulled into my driveway, I continued to plead to my best friend. I took out my house keys and unlocked the door. My parents were always at work, so Blair and I had the huge house to ourselves.

"Will you tell me now?" I said as I grabbed a plate of cookies.

"Okay!" Blair squealed. "We are going to a party!"

I blinked at her in disbelief. "A party? When?"

"Tonight of course!" Blair was now bounding up and down. I just put my palm on my forehead.

"Tonight? It better not be at some club, because my parents would kill me if I did something like that!"

"Your parents aren't ever home anyway," Blair pointed out. I just huffed frustratedly in response. She had a point.

"Besides, you know I hate parties," I folded my arms in defiance.

"Oh come on please! Just this once!" Blair begged.

"Who in the right mind would think that Pepper Atkinson would go to a party?" I looked up at the ceiling.

"I promise you'll enjoy yourself this time," Blair assured me.

"And what makes you think that?" I grabbed a snicker doodle and scarfed it down.

"Because! There will be BOYS!" Blair sang as she pinched my cheeks. I groaned with frustration.

"Are you kidding me? Since when have I been interested in boys?" I almost ripped Blair's hands off my face.

"Okay," she sighed. "I don't have anymore excuses." Blair then fell to her knees and began to beg.

"Please please please please!! I will never ever EVER ask you to go anywhere else with me! That's a Waldorf promise!" I automatically stopped.

"Really?" I looked down at my pleading best friend. "You won't?"

"Waldorf promise!" Blair jumped up. I tapped my finger on my chin. It was a good offer...

"Alright. I'll go." Blair squealed and dragged me to my room to choose my outfit. What was I thinking?