Reassurance

My eyes shot open as I was picked up and thrown onto Niall's back. I shrieked with laughter and he sped down the hallway and down the stairs. I gripped Niall's shirt tightly and when he set me down he hugged me.

"Thank you for everything," Niall whispered. He put on his shoes and waved goodbye before I shut the door. I ran up to my room and began to cry.

He had rejected me!

I couldn't believe it. He covered it up with a piggyback ride, but I thought he liked me! Wait.

That was it. It was because he liked me.

Niall didn't love me.

*Monday*

When science came, I trudged along. I didn't want to see Niall. I was still sad about him not loving me. I thought I was in love: I really did.

Niall was already at his desk when I walked in. His eyes lit up and he called me over. I felt a weak, fake smile reach my lips as I walked over to him.

"Hey, Pep!"

"Hi, Niall," I said weakly. He must've noticed that I wasn't super enthusiastic and he became immediately concerned.

"Pepper, what's wrong? You're usually so happy!" He looked at me with a pouty face, which I almost laughed at, but I just sighed and sat down next to him. Niall still seemed concerned as the bell rang and Mr. Gatsby stood up to give his lecture. As I was taking notes on the properties of sulfur, a small piece of paper brushed my arm. I unfolded it and read:

What's wrong love? xNiallx

My eyes almost popped out of my skull.

Why is he calling me love when he doesn't even love me?

I slipped the note under my notebook and kept paying attention. I couldn't let Niall get to my head again.

After class was dismissed, Niall tried to talk to me.

"Pepper! Can I talk to you?" I gave him no answer. I simply walked out and started to my next class. Niall kept calling out from down the hall, but they drowned out in the commotion of the other students as well as the tears forming in my eyes.

It really did kill me to hurt him. But he hurt me first.

"Hey Pep!" Blair said as I walked into class. "Did Niall leave late again?" She smirked after her last sentence and gave me a look.

I shot her a glare. "He did."

"What do you mean?" Blair seemed shocked. "I thought you liked him!"

"And that's all." I looked into her eyes and almost started crying. "That's all. He only likes me, Blair. There's no way that he loves me."

She still looked shocked. "But Pep-"

"Just shut up! I don't wanna talk about it!" I gritted my teeth and walked to my seat.

Blair came marching over and slammed her hands on my desk. She had an evil look in her eye as she spoke in a whisper. "What on earth happened to you?!"

The bell rang as I answered. "Niall happened."

***

*Blair's POV*

I couldn't believe the way Pepper treated me before English. She's never gotten mad at me before! I knew that Niall must've done something.

At lunch, I searched for him. Since Pepper didn't really want to talk to me, I kept an eye out for him. I finally spotted him with a couple jerks and marched over.

I walked in mid-conversation and grabbed Niall's arm. He immediately turned around.

"Hey Blair!" His cheeky smile wasn't enough to soften me up. I was a tough girl.

"Don't give me that look," I growled. "We need to talk." Niall stood up and walked behind me as the other boys started cat-calling. I rolled my eyes and we went into the courtyard.

I turned to face Niall and then smacked him across the face.

"OW!" He yelped. He had a red mark where I smacked him. As I said before: I am a tough girl.

"You deserved it," I spat.

"What the heck did I do?!" Niall seemed ticked now.

"You know exactly what the heck you did," I put a hand on my hip. "How dare you treat Pepper like that!"

"Pepper?" Niall seemed to soften. "What did I do to her?"

"I'm actually not sure," I rubbed my arm. "Pepper won't say, but she's mad at you, for whatever reason. And you know the drill."

"What drill?" Niall asked.

I laughed and looked Niall straight in the eyes. "Pepper's my best friend. You break her heart, and I break your face." I grunted as I thrust my hand forward but a firm hand stopped me.

"Blair! I didn't do anything to Pepper! Honest! She was so happy last night when I left!"

"Why don't you go talk to her then," I spat and tugged my arm away from him. I strutted back inside the school to sit with Pepper.

*Niall's POV*

I was shocked when Blair told me that Pepper was mad at me. What did I do? I hoped she wouldn't break up with me. I loved her to death. I had to find out what I did and fix things.

***

Hiyaaa :)

Sowwy it's been a little bit! I'm still getting into the school vibe and I'm usually super exhausted after I've done everything. :(

Will Niall try and fix things with Pepper? And more importantly...

Will Pepper forgive him?

Comment your feedback! I <3 your ideas!

Anyways... Babye lovely readers!! (Haha. Get it?)

Beyy xoxo