Reunited

My eyes fluttered open, and I felt a rush of cold. I couldn't see anything, but I could tell that there was no blindfold. My head was pounding and my mouth felt dry.

Where on earth am I?

I sat up and felt around me. Everything felt plasticky and fake. The wind felt so strong it was as if I was outside.

Wait...

I put my hands above me and groped around to feel something. My finger hit a plastic surface.

I was in a tent.

Puzzled, I crawled forward to find a way out. Finally, I found a zipper and quietly opened the tent. I slowly stood up and reviewed my surroundings.

My tent wasn't far away from James's house. None of the lights were on; everything was still.

Too still.

I felt myself for my phone, but when I pulled it out, it was dead. Sighing, I sat in the grass and shivered. What was I supposed to do? I was stuck in Wolverhampton, with no way of getting home, and I missed Niall. Badly. Why was I in this stupid mess?

Suddenly, I heard footsteps in the distance. I perked up and looked around. As promised, a vague outline of a person moved towards me. It was too early to tell who it was, so I backed away.

"Who's there?" I called out feebly.

You know, you're a real idiot, Pepper.

"Pepper, don't be scared," the person called out. "It's me, Liam."

I gasped. "Liam! Thank goodness!" I sprang up and ran towards him. Sure enough, Liam's trusting arms grabbed me and wrapped me in a brief hug.

"You're welcome," he whispered.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I whispered back. "Are you here to take me home?"

"Sure am," Liam said. "Niall's desperate to see you."

I grinned at the thought of being home again.

Home.

*Niall's POV*

I was itching for Pepper to come back. Once Liam said he'd found her, I was so relieved I was almost in tears. Liam had found her. She was safe.

I made sure that everything was perfect for her. The house was completely clean, her bed was prepared for her to sleep in it, and my surprise was ready. Now, I just had to wait.

*Liam's POV*

When I found Pepper sitting in the yard, I was extremely relieved. Now, Niall wouldn't kill me for losing her. I thought it was so adorable how much he loved her.

As we both got into the car, Pepper was very happy. She rambled on and on about how much she missed Niall and everyone back in London. I told her that everyone was anxious for you to come home.

"Liam," Pepper whispered. "I have something really important to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I told James that I loved him."

There was a long silence. How did I respond to that? "Why?"

"Well, I dunno," Pepper sniffed. "But I feel horrible now. What will Niall do if he finds out?"

"What do you mean?"

"He'll be so angry, Liam," Pepper sounded like she was going to cry. "He'll never trust me around another guy. He'll think I'm just a player."