Mistake?

"Do you have ANY dresses in here?" Blair called from the depths of my closet.

"Nope," I sighed as I shifted my legs to a more comfortable position on my bed.

Blair emerged. "What? You don't have any dresses?!"

I laughed. "Why would I? I'm never at parties anyway!"

"Oh! Let's go to your mom's closet! I bet you she's got a bunch of dresses!" Blair beamed at the sound of it.

"Um... I don't think that's a good idea..." I twisted a piece of my hair, which I always do when I'm nervous.

"Why not?"

"My mom would kill me if I wore one of those!"

Blair snorted. "Pep, your mom is NEVER home. She's NEVER going to find out, okay?"

We sat in silence for a moment, while I weighed my options.

Finally, I sighed. "Okay, this way." Blair bounced as she followed me down the hallway.

When we got into my parents room, Blair rushed into my mom's walk-in closet and admired her racks and shelves.

"I found the perfect dress!" Blair called from the depths of my mom's closet. I sighed from my parents king size bed. She came out with a black cloth hanging over arm.

"Now close your eyes!" She ordered. I obeyed and shut my eyes. When she told me to open, she told me to go try it on.

I closed the door and slipped on the dress. My stomach twisted when I realized how tight the dress was. However, when I looked in the mirror, I actually liked what I saw.

When I came out, Blair squealed. I couldn't help but smile. I did like it.

"Now for shoes!" She ran back into the closet and I heard rustling of boxes. When she brought out a pair of black heels, I tensed.

"How am I supposed to walk in those?" I asked.

"Pepper! Don't tell me you've never worn heels before!" Blair gawked.

I blushed. "My parents won't let me."

"There's always a first for everything I guess." Blair sighed.