Success

I didn't have the keys to Niall's car, so Blair offered to take me. At this point, I didn't even care if I was sluffing. I just wanted to get away from Niall.

When we pulled up to his house, disgust and rage filled my body.

To think that he's actually in love with someone else...

I shuttered and tried to block out any thoughts of him.

As I walked into the house, thousands of memories threatened to burst my bubble. They swarmed around me like mosquitos that hummed and stung.

Walking into my bedroom was the hardest.

The song he sang swallowed all negative thoughts, and I started to cry. Blair helped me pack everything and wiped my tears.

"You'll be safe with me," Blair whispered. I nodded and dragged my suitcase down the steps.

You'll be safer without him. I tried to tell myself. You knew he was going to cheat on you.

I said a silent goodbye to the house and all the memories one last time. As we got back into Blair's car, she turned on the radio. An unfamiliar song started playing. Even though it was upbeat and the singer was good, I wasn't in the mood.

"What song is this?" Blair suddenly asked.

I simply shrugged and stared out the window.

"Here," Blair handed me her phone. "Go onto Shazam and see what comes up."

I pressed the Shazam button and held it up to the speaker for a few seconds. Then, the song popped up.

"What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction," I read.

"Hm," Blair thought. "Never heard of 'em. Think they're new?"

I shrugged. "Must be."

When we pulled up to Blair's house, I embraced her. She let out a small gasp of surprise, and I uttered another thank you.

Blair let me stay in her room. Since she had a queen bed, we both would have enough space.

Blair mumbled something I couldn't hear.

"What?" I asked

"Hm?" Blair said suddenly. "Sorry. Nothing. You're not planning on going back to school, are you?"

I sighed. "Not for today. Maybe not ever. I don't know if I can ever look at Niall again."

"I understand," Blair said sympathetically. "But I'll stay with you through the whole thing."

I smiled slightly. "Thanks, Blair. You're the best best friend ever!"

Blair smirked. "And I hope it stays that way!"

I opened the door. "Oh, it will."

*Blair's POV*

When Pepper unexpectedly hugged me in the driveway, I gasped. Mostly it was because it seemed like it hadn't happened in years!

And that was because of him...

I didn't want to say his name. Not even in my head! I was disgusted with him, and thanks to my work, so was Pepper!

I offered her to stay in my room. Thank goodness I had the space for it.

As Pepper started unpacking, I went to open my curtains.

"This could've happened a long time ago, if Niall hadn't taken you first," I mumbled too quietly to hear.

Or...so I thought.

"What?" Pepper asked from the other corner of the room.

"Hm?" I said nervously. "Sorry. Nothing. You're not planning on going back to school, are you?"

Pepper started complaining again about Niall, so I sympathetically reassured her that I would be with her every step of the way.

"Thanks Blair. You're the best best friend ever!"

I smiled. "And I hope it stays that way!"

Pepper started to leave. But then she stopped and said, "Oh, it will."

After she left, I grinned. "It'll stay that way forever."

I went to follow Pepper downstairs, and she was now in the kitchen. She had the fridge open and she was humming.

"Have you recovered already?" I asked from the staircase.

Pepper looked up at me. "Kind of. I've got that song stuck in my head. That one by that band...uh...One Direction I think?"

"Oh yeah. That one. I don't know about you, but their voices sounded awfully familiar."

"Yeah! I can't put my finger on it, but you're right! They did sound familiar!"

I tapped my finger on my chin. "I can't recall hearing anyone sing recently, so I don't even know why it sounds familiar."

"But it sounds familiar to me too," Pepper added. "So we both heard it from somewhere."

We both shrugged and ordered some Chinese food for dinner. While we waited, we decided to catch up.

"I feel like we've been so distant lately," Pepper commented.

I sighed. "I know. I've missed you!"

While we embraced, a large grin crawled up my face.

I had succeeded.

"Now were back together again," Pepper said with an adventurous air fist pump. "Blair and Pepper, sisters forever!"

I rolled my eyes and punched Pepper's arm playfully. "You're such a dork."

She mocked offense. "Ah! You're a dork!"

I laughed. "I've missed this so much. Thank goodness it can be this way forever!"

Pepper nodded and grinned wildly. "Who needs a boyfriend, when you've got a best friend!"

I nudged her elbow. "Sisters before misters!"

Pepper laughed. "Always!"

The rest of the night carried on like that. We basically told each other that nothing could separate us, and nothing could bring us down. But in my head, all I could really think about was how stupid Pepper was going to feel when she realized it was all a lie.

****

Ohhhhh the suspense!

Guys. Really. 2.1k reads!!!!! You're all awesome! I hope you keep reading and voting and sharing, etc.

<3

Beyy xoxo