Movie Night

I looked from the kitchen at my work. There were several blankets and pillows strewn across the living room couches. The kitchen counter was cluttered with several bowls of snacks: popcorn, M&M's, pretzels, and chips. I was ready for the calorie overload. My phone buzzed in my back pocket.

From Niall: Can't wait for tonight :) Got an idea for a movie?

From Pepper: No clue. We'll decide when everyone gets here :)

From Niall: Fantastic. See you then :)

From Pepper: Bye :)

I got a wave of happiness that started from my toes and went all the way to my head. I skipped around the house and sang:

Get out, get out, get out of my head

And fall into my arms instead

I don't, I don't, don't know what it is

But I need that one thing

And you've got that one thing

***

I heard a knock on the door. I rushed to open it. When I did, Niall was standing in the pouring rain.

"Niall!" I almost yelled. "Get in here! You're freezing!" I grabbed his soaked arm and tried dragged him, but he wouldn't budge.

"I'm not coming in," Niall said quietly. "Not until I get dried off. I'm not going to leave puddles in your nice house."

I huffed. "Niall please! You'll get sick!" I finally gave in and grabbed several towels and draped them on top of him.

"It'll take a thousand years to dry off this way," Niall pointed out.

"You're right," I said and smirked. I leaned forward and squeezed him. He seemed shocked.

"Pepper! What're you doing?"

"I'm warming you up," I said. "What? You afraid I'll get sick?"

Niall stifled a laugh. "I have to admit, I do feel warmer."

"Now get inside, ya dim whit," I smiled and let go of him. I heard Niall take off his shoes and close the door. The silence seemed to draw the two of us together.

"You do realize I came early, right?" Niall finally said. He grabbed my waist.

My breath hitched. "No. I didn't realize. Why'd you come early?" I looked at the oven clock: 4:25.

"Because I wanted to spend some time alone with you," Niall said warmly. He wrapped me in another hug and stroked the back of my head. I had a weird sensation flow through my body.

Was this what love felt like?

*2 minutes later*

"I'M GONNA GET YOU, PEPPER!" Niall yelled from down the hall. I shrieked with laughter as I turned the corner.

"NO YOU'RE NOT!" I ran into my room and shut the door. I sat on my bed and heard Niall trample past the door. I knew he'd fall for it. Suddenly, Niall sprang through the door and I yelped. I tried to run out, but he grabbed my ankle and dragged me down. Soon, he was tickling my bare foot.

"Say mercy!" Niall yelled for the millionth time. He had the worst grin on his face.

"Never!" I shouted through my horendous laughter.

"SAY IT!" Niall bellowed. He crawled to the side of me and started to tickle my neck.

"MERCY MERCY MERCY!!!!" I screamed loudly. Both of us laid on the ground while shaking with laughter and I turned to face his body. A piece of my hair fell in front of my face. After we calmed down, Niall moved it away and looked deep into my eyes.