Just As We Thought It Was Fine

When I woke up the next morning, the house was quiet. In fact, it seemed too quiet. Suspicious, I got out of bed and slowly walked downstairs. Everything seemed normal, but something was wrong, and I could feel it in my gut.

"Niall?" I croaked. Nothing. No sound. I didn't know where his room was, so I didn't know where to look for him. "Niall?" I started to get worried. What if he'd left me?

"There's no need to panic, love," someone called. I yelped.

"W-who's there?" I backed into the kitchen as my head turned to find where the voice was coming from.

"Shhhhh," the voice eerily hushed. "Don't be afraid. You know me."

I raised my eyebrow. "H-how? I don't recognize your-"

I stopped as the person came from a hallway.

James.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I yelled. I searched for a weapon, but he grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. I wanted to cry.

"Don't try and fight me, Pepper," James growled. "It'll only make things worse for you, okay?" I gulped and nodded. James then pulled my body against his and smirked.

"What do you want?" I asked defiantly. I was surprised by my own confidence.

"I want you," James said as he tucked a piece of hair from my face. My eyes widened as he laughed. It was a horrible, evil laugh. I wanted to punch him...hard.

James then picked me up an carried me bridal style out to his car. My heart started to beat at a fast pace.

What was going to happen to me?

Where was James taking me?

And where was Niall?

*Niall's POV*

When I opened my eyes, all I saw was darkness. My hands were tied behind my back, and my knees were pressed against my chest. Sweat formed on my brow as I struggled to free myself. Where the heck was I? Suddenly I fell into a stage of massive panic. 

Where was Pepper?! 

*Pepper's POV*

James set me gently in his car and kissed my head, which made me mentally vomit. He walked around to the drivers seat and as he shut the door behind him and started the car, I felt tears prick my eyes. 

This has to be a dream. There's no way this is happening. 

"So, sweetheart," James purred. "I thought we should have a talk. Last time we met didn't exaclty go over well." 

"Yeah," I said feebly. "And a good thing too." 

"What?" James started to look angry. 

"Nothing," I backed off. I didn't want to see what he'd do if I made him mad. 

"Anyways, babe, I love you," James continued. 

"Really?" I asked sweetly. Then my expression turned serious. "Then why'd you put me in a trash bag and try and shove me in your car?" 

James chuckled. "Oh, Pepper. I should've told you. That's what I do to girls that I love. It's kind of like the way I show them affection." 

I snorted. "That's the worst cover up I've ever heard." James tensed up, but I kept going. "I mean, you could've at least told me what was going on. To say that you do that to girls you love is-" 

I was cut off by something smashing onto my lips. 

James' lips. 

***

DUN. DUN. DUNNNNN!!!!

The drama finally kicked in fo real this time! 

Where's Niall? COMMENT. 

How will Pepper react? COMMENT. 

Stay tuned for the next update! 

Beyy xoxo