Could It Be True?

*Audrey's POV*

I took the long way home, because I had a lot to think about. Even though I had a feeling that Pepper knew I had lied to her, I still thought I should come out front and tell her. On the way to my thinking spot, I tried to rehearse a speech in my head, when suddenly I heard voices.

Cautiously, I walked closer to see two figures talking under my tree.

Dang it.

It looked like a happy couple: throwing grass at each other, laughing, and talking. Sometimes I'd imagined Harry and I like that. You know, before he visited London.

Ever curious, I moved slightly closer. The young woman's voice sounded awfully familiar, but I couldn't pin it. As I got even closer and saw their faces, my heart stopped.

Pepper.

She was already in another relationship. After what happened with Niall, I would've thought she'd still be recovering. But she wasn't.

To hide myself, I silently tip-toed off and dialed Blair. She had to know.

"Hello?" Blair answered.

"Blair!" I whispered. "I have some news."

"What?"

"Okay, um, I was walking home, and I saw two people sitting under a tree."

"Yes?"

"And, well, the girl's voice sounded familiar, so I tried to get a closer look."

"Okay?"

"And, uh, look, this isn't goin to be easy to believe, but..."

"Just tell me, Audrey!" Blair sounded frantic.

"It was Pepper!"

The other line went silent. I checked to make sure she didn't hang up.

"Already?" Blair whispered.

I swallowed. "Yeah. I didn't know who she was with."

"Come to my house," Blair said with a serious tone. "And hurry!"

I hung up and silently ran away: not sure if I should be happy or sad about Pepper's decision.

*Pepper's POV*

As I walked away from our meeting place, I played what I would say over and over in my head.

I'm sorry for the way I acted. It was wrong of me, but I see clearly now. Niall wasn't the right decision.

That last sentence tore a piece if my heart. While I tried to deny it, at the back of my heart, I wanted him to hold me again. I wanted him to tell me he loved me, in that Irish accent that made me wonder if he was real, or something out of a fairy tale.

As I approached Blair's house, I shook my head and kept walking along the sidewalk. Not now. I couldn't.

Just before dark, I walked up the familiar steps and knocked on the door. Seconds later, a familiar face opened it and looked at me.

"Pepper?" My mom asked. "What are you doing here?"

I sighed, looked at my shoes, and then looked into her eyes. "Mom, could you get Dad, please?"

She nodded. "Honey! There's someone here asking for you!"

I cocked an eyebrow.

She shrugged. "It'll be a little surprise."

When my dad turned the corner as saw me, he had an expression which resembled anger as well as relief. "Pepper, why are you here? I thought I'd been clear-"

"I came to apologize. I'm sorry for the way I acted. It was wrong of me, but I see clearly now."

Dad's expression became more relieved as he stepped closer.

"Niall wasn't the right decision."

It didn't take me long to realize how wrong it felt to say it, but that wasn't the hardest sentence. What was about come out of my mouth was the hardest sentence to say of all.

"And...I realize now, that I like James."

******

Oh. My. Goodness. I'm freaking out about this. AND I WROTE IT.

I'm not sure what's wrong with me. This is the 45th chapter. WHEN WILL IT END???? Why am I asking that question when I'm the one writing??

Sit tight, lovelies!

Beyy xoxo