Love Hangover

When Niall dropped me off, I thanked him and walked inside. I turned on the lights in the kitchen and grabbed a small snack before changing into a comfy onesie and hopping into bed. As I curled up and closed my eyes, I relived the greatest moments of my life:

"Pepper, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever met. I can't picture my life without you anymore. And even though I've known you for only a few days, I still think that I'm crazy about you." I blushed in my sleep, just thinking about those words. I can't believe he actually felt that way about me.

"So I guess what I'm trying to say is..." that was when he looked down and blushed...kind of. I brought his eyes to meet mine (even though it killed) and said:

"What? Tell me." He then gently grabbed my wrist and smiled and looked me in the eyes.

"Pepper, will you be my girlfriend?" I tried not to scream.

He has to be joking, right? But...what if he isn't?

I tried not to look like I was thinking it over. But I was weighing options in my head.

Option 1: say no. Break Niall's heart. Go back to my normal life.

Option 2: say yes. Make Niall happy. Make yourself happy. Never go back to your normal life.

After a while, I smiled into the sunlight. Screw normal.

"Yes!" I beamed. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we tumbled backwards. He seemed stunned by the way he laughed stiffly. "Yes! Yes! Yes! I will be your girlfriend!" I pulled away from him and he looked like the happiest person ever. I hugged him again and as we got back into the car, I couldn't get my stupid grin off of my face.

Morning came almost too soon. I sprang out of my bed five minutes before my alarm clock rang and got into the shower. I started belting Monster by Rihanna and didn't care if I was terribly off key.

I skipped downstairs and popped two Eggo waffles into the toaster. I couldn't stop thinking about Niall, and being his girlfriend. My phone buzzed as I got a text.

From Blair Bear: Hey babe! Wanna go to the mall?

From Pepper: Yes! Of course!

From Blair Bear: K! Pick you up in 20!

I grinned from ear to ear as I hurried to get ready. I curled my ombre hair with a wand and put on some chapstick. I put on some rose pink flats and looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a Maroon colored sweater that said: Follow Your Heart and some dark skinny jeans. I grabbed my handbag and waited for Blair to come and get me.

When Blair honked, I ran outside and got into her car.

"Yesterday was so much fun!" she grinned. "Thank you for letting me join you guys!"

I beamed. "I have a surprise for you!" I sang as Blair drove away from my house.

"And what would that be?" she said and raised an eyebrow.

"Well...Niall took me to this river after he dropped you off..."

"Go on!" Blair seemed anxious.

"And he told me I was beautiful and the greatest girl he'd ever met," I blushed just thinking about it.

Blair squirmed in her seat as she focused on the road. "Go on! Seriously Pep, you're killing me!"

I laughed before continuing. "Then he asked me to be his girlfriend." Blair's eyes popped out of her skull and she almost slammed on the brakes. We came to a red light and she looked me in the eyes.