Unexpected Corners

Once Niall left, I changed into pajamas and climbed into bed. Before I fell asleep that night, I thought of him. I thought of what happened. 

I had felt love. 

The funny thing was, that I'd only known him for a week. I felt like we were moving super fast, but screw it. I was in love with him, and he was in love with me. Can't get better than that, right? 

I eventually closed my eyes and fell into deep sleep, and when I woke up that Saturday, I felt like I was flying. 

Like an angel. 

I wanted to stay in bed forever, but I knew that I had to do something with my day. I threw myself out of bed and took a long, much needed shower. The steam seemed to clear all of my thoughts. 

You are really in love, you know. Niall is your match. You two are perfect for each other. You're going to get married someday and have kids and live in a small house together and-

Whoa, whoa, whoa there, Pepper. Don't move too fast. Boys are boys. Niall's gonna cheat on you once or twice and he's gonna leave you in the dust-

Shut up! He loves you! There's no way on God's green earth that he's gonna leave you! And you're never going to leave him!

"Pepper?" I heard someone call from downstairs. 

Crap. "Who is it?" I called. 

Idiot! What if it's some burglar who wants to kidnap you?!

"Pepper! It's me, darling!" The voice called again. I couldn't make out who it was. 

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea who I'm talking to," I yelled over the sound of the rushing water. I desperately hoped it wasn't a burglar. 

"Then get out of the shower!" 

I gulped. They were probably trying to lure me in so they could throw me in a sack. 

Just like James did...

Nevertheless, I turned off the water and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it around my wet body and took a deep breath. I was for sure this person wasn't a burglar. It was someone I knew. I stepped out of the bathroom and my eyes widened. 

"Mom?" 

"Yes!" the woman yelled victoriously and squeezed me. I didn't know what to do, so I stood there and let her hug me. 

"You're home?" 

"Yes! We thought we'd surprise you!" my mom said joyfully. "Darwin! Get in here!" 

"Mom! I'm practically naked!" I hissed. 

"Oh, right," she bit her lip. "Actually, sweetheart, just wait a minute! Pepper how 'bout you get some clothes on." I nodded and grabbed an outfit before going back into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and started to freak out. 

Why are my parents home?! 

I sound rude, but my parents are never home. Ever. I slipped on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt from Stanford and braided my hair. When I walked out of the bathroom, both of my parents were sitting on my bed. 

"How've you been, sweetie?" My mom asked warmly. 

I fidgeted with my hands. "Good...I guess." 

"That's great!" My dad smiled cheekily. "How's school?" 

"Same as always," I nodded. It was true. 

"My same straight-A girl," my mom smiled. "We're so proud of you, honey." 

"And how're things with James?" my dad asked. 

"Um..." I choked on my words. Should I tell them about what happened? Should I tell them about Niall?

"Uh oh," my mom became worried. "What happened?" 

"Well...uh...he kind of...um..." I stuttered on my words. 

"Tell us, honey! Seriously, you're scaring me!" my mom yelled. 

"He kind of put me in a garbage bag and tried to shove me into his car." 

My parents looked at each other and then they did the strangest thing. 

They laughed. 

And it wasn't a fake laugh: it was a good, wholehearted laugh. Like I'd just told them a joke! 

I stood in disbelief as my parents smiled at me and shook their heads while they continued to laugh. 

"Guys! I'm being serious!" 

"Sweetie," my dad calmed down. "James is a nice boy. He doesn't throw girls into trash bags." 

I stared at them. "You don't believe me?" 

"Honey," my mom chuckled. "We talked to James, and he is a good boy."

"Good boys don't put girls in trash bags," I mumbled. 

"Are you trying to tell us that you dumped him?" my dad asked sternly. 

"Well, yeah," I said matter-of-factly. "I don't think I'd want to date a guy who-"

"How dare you!" My mom almost yelled. "The poor kid must be devastated. Why would you do that, Pepper?!" 

"What do you mean?!" I yelled back. "I'm telling the truth!" 

"Save it, young lady!" my dad objected. "I'm siding with your mother. Why would you do this? James is probably heartbroken now. What happened to you?"

"Mom! Dad! I never changed!" I felt tears well up. 

"My old daughter wouldn't have dumped him," my mom almost spat in disgust. "You are a disgrace." 

I merely looked at both of them in disbelief. Why were they treating me like this?

"Get out of my house," my dad whispered hoarsely. My hairs shot up on my neck and my eyes bugged out. 

"What do you mean?" I squeaked. 

"I said, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE AND DON'T EVER COME BACK," my dad screamed. Tears pushed at me and I stood there and choked. 

My parents are disowning me. 

I have no one. 

***

Well hello there. *smirk*

Yes. I know, I know. I left you at a desparately climaxing cliffhanger. Sorry. I'm truly sorry. Just don't kill me. Please. 

Anyways...

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS ARE THE BESTEST PEOPLE EVA!!

150 reads?! OMGOSH. *cue the fangirling*

This may not be a big deal to all the "popular wattpad authors", but this is BIG for me! This is my very first fanfiction! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! 

*breathes for a while and then calms down* Okay. Okay. Anyways...

What do you think is gonna happen next? COMMENT. 

What's a good shipping name for Niall and Pepper? COMMENT. 

How will everyone take the news? COMMENT. 

Do you think I'm the best author ever? COMMENT. (Lol jk don't do that.)

Until the next update, lovelies!

Beyy xoxo