Frustration

"Careful!" I called out as Niall stood on a barstool and shakily tried to set the angel on top of the Christmas tree.

"Don't worry!" Niall said as he placed the angel. "See? What'd I tell ya?"

I rolled my eyes. "Just get down before you crash."

Niall smiled and hopped down from the barstool. He then walked over and kissed my forehead. "Wanna make some hot cocoa?"

I blushed. "Yes."

*Blair's POV*

"I miss you so much," I pouted on the phone.

"I miss you too babe," Liam said on the other end. "I'll come to see you soon, okay?"

"Okay. Good night."

"I love you!"

I hung up and set my phone on my side table before sighing and flopping on my bed. I really wished that Liam lived in London.

I went downstairs and found the house empty, as usual. When I walked into the kitchen to grab a drink, I saw a note on the table.

Blair,

I'll be gone for two weeks in Florida. Make sure you have enough money on your card for groceries. If not, my emergency money's in the safe downstairs.

Love,

Mom xoxo

I rolled my eyes before crumpling up the note and throwing it away. I grabbed a glass of water and then trudged back up to my room. I grabbed my phone again and decided to dial Pepper. It went straight to voicemail.

"Ugh!" I grunted as I threw my phone on my bed. "It's because of Niall, isn't it?! Ever since he showed up, Pepper hasn't had any time to be with me! I mean, she's living with him now!" I screamed into a pillow before falling on the floor and crying. "Why does the world hate me?"

*Audrey's POV*

I was doing some History homework when my phone started ringing. Blair was calling me.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, Audrey," Blair sniffed. I could tell she was crying.

"Blair, what's wrong?"

"Everything!" cried Blair. "Everything's wrong, Audrey. Pepper won't talk to me anymore, all because of her dumb boyfriend."

I was dumbfounded. "Did you just call Niall dumb?"

"Yes, I did," Blair huffed. "And he deserves it too. He stole my best friend from me!"

"Blair!" I gasped. "What happened to you? Why are you being so cold-hearted?"

Blair started to sob on the other end. "I'm sorry! I don't know what's wrong with me! It's just that Liam lives hours away and Pepper doesn't talk to me anymore, and, well, you're all I have left!"

I started to feel sad myself. I hates hearing Blair miserable. "You've still got me, Blair. And I'm not going anywhere."

Blair sniffed. "Thanks, Audrey."

"Will you talk to Pepper? In person?"

She sighed. "Fine. I'll try."

"Thanks! Bye!" Blair said goodbye and hung up. I set my phone down and thought about the coversation.

It was really strange that Pepper wouldn't talk to Blair, because when I met them, they were best friends. Was it really because of Niall? It seemed like the only logical explanation.

*****

Hello again!!!!

I apologize for the long pauses between updates. Things have been crazy lately, but I'm trying to get back on track!

What will Blair do? COMMENT.

What will Audrey do? COMMENT.

Luh yu 💕😍

Beyy xoxo