Surprises

At last... The bell rang! I sprang out of Technology and ran down the hallways with a big smile on my face. I ran to my locker and waited for Niall. It was only a moment or two before he showed up. Once he saw me, he smiled. 

"How're ya, Pep?" Niall asked. "I can call you Pep, right?" 

"Absolutely!" I grinned. I only let Blair ever call me that, but hey. Niall had to be an exception. "So I guess we'll go to the coffee shop first!" He beckoned me to follow him as we made our way to the parking lot. 

"Where's your car?" Niall asked. 

"Blair drove me to school today, so I wouldn't have to leave it here." 

"Speaking of that," Blair came from behind. "I wanna come with you guys!" Niall looked at Blair like she was a psycho. 

"Oh hey!" I said. "I don't believe you two have met!" I faced Blair and Niall to each other. 

"Blair, this is Niall. Niall, this is Blair." 

"I've heard a lot about you," Niall flashed a quick smile at Blair. 

She leaned towards me and whispered in my ear: "You done good kid. This guy's a hunk!" I almost laughed, and Blair smiled sweetly. 

"Anyways," I said quickly. "Is it alright if Blair comes along? Sorry it's on short notice." 

Niall replied immediately. "Of course she can come! The more the merrier! The boys'll love her!" 

"Then let's go!" Blair said triumphantly and sped ahead of us. Niall and I laughed. 

"She's a little crazy," I whispered to Niall. 

"I can already tell," he grinned. 

When we got into Niall's car, I turned on the radio and turned up the volume, because Timber by Pitbull and Ke$ha was on. We were all dancing and screaming the lyrics until we got to the coffee shop. 

"I'll go in alone," I said. I was opening the passenger car door when a firm arm held my shoulder. It was Niall's. 

"I'm coming in too," he said. 

"No you're not. My mom wants me to meet him. Not you. If you don't mind, I'll go in alone," I said confidently. 

"Well, Pepper. News flash. I do mind. I'm coming in with you whether you like it or not." 

"No you're not!" I yelled. Niall seemed taken aback and then let me go. 

What happened to you? You've never yelled at a guy!

And especially a guy like Niall! 

I walked into the coffee shop and scanned the place. There were several young guys in here. How was I going to find out which one was James? I placed an order for an herbal tea and waited for the opportunity. 

"James! Order for James!" the cashier called. A young man in the corner of the cafe turned his head. 

Bingo. 

I took the tea thankfully and walked confidently over. 

"So...you're James," I said with a grin. 

"Yeah. Do I know you?" he asked. 

"I'm the one you're supposed to meet," I said proudly. James's eyes lit up and he immediately engaged himself. 

"Well then. It's nice to properly meet you. Your parents spoke highly of you, and now I see why." I giggled and blushed. What a flatterer.