L Words

(A/N: Just remember that it's always Pepper's POV unless it says otherwise.)

I was angry for the rest of the day. Or was I sad? The better word would be frustrated. It was hard to concentrate, knowing that I'd probably hurt Niall, but I had to let it go.

After school, I tried to leave as soon as possible so I wouldn't run into Niall or Blair. I briskly walked out to the parking lot and as I unlocked my car, I heard someone cough behind me.

Niall.

I swallowed and my throat became dry. My hands felt so sweaty to the point where I thought my keys would fall from my hands.

"N-N-Niall...I-"

"Don't say anything, Pepper," Niall interrupted. He looked saddened as well and looked deep into my eyes. The pause that I gave him signaled him to continue.

"First off, I wanna know what happened after I left," Niall said firmly.

I gulped and averted my gaze. "Nothing."

I could feel him smirk as he walked towards me. "You're the worst liar I know."

I then whipped around and looked him in the eyes. "Why do you even care?"

"Because I like you a lot-"

"There it is again! You like me! I probably sound clingy and annoying, but I'm hurt, Niall!" Tears formed in my eyes and I turned to face the car again. "I think I'm taking this too seriously. I should just go home." I choked on my words as I opened the car door. Niall's firm hand gripped my shoulder.

"No! Pepper, what's going on? What did I do to hurt you?" His eyes looked glossy with tears.

Oh no. What have I done?

"Last night, when we were on the balcony-" I tried to stop the tears, but I couldn't. It was unbearable. I looked at Niall and he seemed close tears too.

"Oh," he squeaked. Niall looked at me and hugged me warmly. I'm pretty sure I went limp. I felt so helpless and weak.

"Wait... You know what I'm talking about?" I sniffed into his chest.

"Yes," he stroked my hair as he said it.

I stiffined. "Why didn't you say something?"

"The thing is, Pepper, I felt like that wasn't the right moment. With a girl like you, it has to be the right moment for a first kiss."

"I don't understand..."

"While the sunset was gorgeous and you looked amazing, I felt like it needed to be a different time."

"But you also don't love me," I whispered. After I said it, I desperately wished I hadn't.

Niall pulled away and looked at me. "What do you mean?! Of course I do!"

"Then tell me why ever since we've been together you've told me that you like me. Over and over and over again." Tears continued to flow as I spoke, and Niall's face became more and more tender and loving.

"Pepper, I don't think I ever told you," he breathed as he squeezed me again. "But you're the only one I love. I know that I've only said that I like you, but that's because I think that the other L word is for special occasions. I don't wanna go around saying that L word like it's not special, because it is." He lifted up my head and looked into my watery eyes. "Just. Like. You."

I began another crying fit. The entire time my conscience was livid.

This is totally embarassing! Here you were, thinking that Niall didn't love you, when the whole time he wanted to save it for sometime special?! He thinks you're crazy and clingy and dramatic!

"I'm so sorry," I feebly whispered into him.

"No," Niall whispered into my hair. "I'm the one who's sorry. I should've told you."

"I'm gonna go home now," I pulled away and smiled.

"Alright. Be safe! I love you," he said.

I opened the door and looked back. "And I love you too."

***

Heyyyyyyyyyy

Sorry it's kinda short. I actually had a lot of free time today so YAY for early morning violin lessons and no homework :)

Love you all! Can't wait for the next update, lovelies!

Beyy xoxo