Chapter Sixty-One

"It's December first baby!! Whoo! CHRISTMAS IS IN 24 DAYS!" Y/n shouted throughout the house.

Sean groggily walked down the stairs as Y/n danced around the house, Christmas music blaring throughout the house.

"Take a chill pill or something, jeez." Sean moaned walking slowly to the couch.

Y/n stopped in her tracks and watched Sean flop onto the couch. He shivered and wrapped the blanket around him, curling into a ball. Y/n turned down the volume of the speaker and walked slowly to him.

"What's wrong?" Y/n asked placing her hands on her hips.

"I feel like total crap." Sean grunted.

"Hmm..." Y/n bent over and touched his forehead then kissed it. He was hot. "You have a fever."

"I'm freezing." Sean said raspy, his body shivering.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have gone out with barely any clothes on with PJ the other night." Y/n scolded as she went to the bathroom to get medicine.

"He wanted me to go so I went!" Sean said, his voice very raspy.

"Well guess what? It's your lucky day." Y/n said as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Why's that?"

"We don't have any medicine." Y/n said as she put her shoes on. "While I'm gone, don't record or eat anything big. Got it?"

"Yes mother." Sean replied raspy.

Y/n smirked. "I love you."

"Yup."

- - -

"Take it." Y/n said sternly setting a bottle of water in front of Sean.

"But these are huge! I can't take these!" Sean replied, his voice less raspy from before.

"Do you want me to break them for you?" Y/n asked placing her hands on her hips.

Sean paused for a bit.

"Yes."

Y/n rolled her eyes and grabbed the pills from Sean's hands. With her strength, she broke both pills in half and gave them back to Sean.

"I want to see you swallow them." Y/n said.

"Why are you so stern?" Sean asked back.

"Why are you so rude when your sick?" Y/n asked back.

Sean stayed quiet.

"I thought so."

"Whatever, you don't know me." Sean replied with a shiver.

After Sean took his medicine, Y/n smiled and went to sit in the recliner.

"Why didn't I get a kiss?" Sean asked.

"Because your sick." Y/n replied back picking up her book.

"You can at least sit with me." Sean said.

"No, you're sick. I don't want to get sick, I want to enjoy my first week of winter." Y/n said not breaking eye contact with Sean.

Sean stared at her for a few more seconds. He then started to lay down as he wrapped the blanket up to his neck.

Sean stared at the fire as Y/n read a book. Very quiet Christmas music played in the background as the crackle of the fire echoed in the living room.

Sean's eyes began to get droopy as he yawned and adjusted himself. Y/n moved her eyes up to look at Sean. She smiled to herself as she looked down at her book. Her ears adjusted to the music as she sang along.

"... and folks dressed up like Eskimos...everybody knows, a turkey and some mistletoe...help to make the season bright...tiny little tots with their eyes all aglow...will find it hard to sleep tonight..."

When Y/n looked over, she found Sean fast asleep. She smiled to herself as she closed her book and set it on the side table. Y/n got up and walked over to Sean. She pulled the blanket closer to him and kissed his forehead.

"Have a good nap, I love you." Y/n whispered.

She kissed his temple then walked off.