Chapter Thirteen

New Years night...

Y/n and Alesa had the table set when Adam and Sean came home the night of New Years. Sean went up to Y/n and gave her a big hug, even though she was in a wheelchair. Adam went over and gave a kiss to Alesa and baby Mason.

"How's my girl?" Sean asked pulling away from Y/n, squatting down on while holding her hands.

"Could be better. I'm sorry I'm still in my pajamas. I will change for tonight though." Y/n said giving an unsure smile.

Sean looked into her eyes and gave her a reassuring smile.

"You look fine, don't worry about it, okay." Sean said.

Y/n nodded. Sean gave her a peck then got up. As Y/n turned herself around, Sean and Y/n saw that Adam and Alesa were watching. Alesa had a big smile on her face and so did Adam.

"See, I told you." Adam said.

Sean smiled and rolled his eyes. Adam took Mason as the guys went into the dinning room to see what was served for the night.

"OHH! EVERYTHING SMELLS AND LOOKS SO GOOD!!" Adam shouted.

The girls giggled and headed to their rooms to get dressed.

---

After getting dressed, Alesa helped Y/n dressed in her clothes. It took a little while to get her up to put on some slacks, but it came through.

"And...done! There we go, all ready to impress the boys!" Alesa asked standing away from you.

Y/n turned herself around in the wheelchair to look into the mirror. She was wearing a gold top that sparked with black socks and slacks.

"I am." Y/n said with a sigh.

Going into the living room, Y/n saw that the guys were dressed up in suits, even little baby Mason.

Adam turned around and saw Alesa. His eyes widened, full of love.

"Wow. You look beautiful." Adam said giving Alesa a little hug and a kiss.

"Thanks." Alesa said.

When Y/n looked over from Adam and Alesa to Sean, she saw that he was staring at her the whole entire time. Y/n's mind was wondering now. 'What if I don't look good?' 'What if I look bad?'

"Well...? Do I look bad?" You asked rubbing you arm.

"Huh. No! You look beautiful." Sean said.

"Even with this stupid wheelchair of doom." You said looking at him.

Sean chuckled. "Yes. Even with your wheelchair of doom."

Sean walked over to Y/n. He crouched down to her wheelchair height and grabbed her hands. Sean held a bright smile the whole time as Y/n kept a weak one.

"Smile." Sean said in a quiet voice.

"I am smiling!" Y/n said.

"No you're not. That's a weak smile. I need you to actually smile." Sean said lovingly.

Y/n's 'smile' didn't bug so, Sean knew what to do. He inched his face closer to Y/n's until their noses were touching.

Nothing.

So, Sean gave Y/n a quick peck. Once, twice, three times until he gave her an actual kiss. After they split, a smile actually formed on Y/n's face.

"There it is." Sean smiled back, his eyes twinkling.

---

After Adam, Alesa, Sean, and Y/n had their dinner, Alesa brought out the dessert. Y/n looked at Sean, who was practically drooling. Y/n lightly giggled at Sean's reaction.

"So, what does everyone want?" Alesa asked.

"I want all of it." Sean joked.

Everyone laughed at Sean's joke. He, himself, even laughed but Y/n could still see the droll coming down the side of his lips.

"I want the vanilla cake please." Adam said.

"I want a slice of the chocolate cake and some chocolate chip cookies. Oh, and a little bit of ice cream!" Sean said rubbing his hands together.

"And Y/n?" Alesa asked giving Sean his plate of desert.

"I'll just take a little of the banana cream pie and a little bit of ice cream." She said.

Alesa took some vanilla cake with some ice cream. Everyone enjoyed their desert and had a light conversation.

But only if they knew...