Chapter Fourteen

I know, before the chapter starts, you're all probably wondering what happened.

Writers block happened...

Finally, though, after someone gave me an amazing idea, I have finally figured out what is going to happen. I know you guys may not like it but...we'll see how it goes :)

Okay, back to the story...

---

That night, Y/n, Sean, Adam, and Alesa were out on the deck. It was about 10:30 at night and they were all waiting for the countdown on the new year. Adam had DJ baby Mason in his lap with another arm wrapped around Alesa. Y/n sat in her wheelchair next to Sean, who was holding her hands as Y/n's head was on Sean's shoulder.

"Je ne peux pas attendre pour l'année prochaine..." Y/n sighed.

"What did you ask?" Sean asked Y/n without moving.

"I said I cannot wait until next year." Y/n answered.

"It's not that long away." Sean said.

"I know. But, I feel like 2016 will at least be a good year." Y/n said.

There was quiet. Then suddenly, all they herd was the giggles of baby Mason. Y/n looked over and saw that Adam and Alesa were playing with the small child.

"Isn't he supposed to be in bed?" Sean asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah, but we since someone let him sleep, he's awake. So, he's up later. But he will be sleeping soon." Alesa said.

"Hey, it wasn't my fault that Mason slept." Adam replied.

Alesa just rolled her eyes and bounced Mason slightly. Adam let out a small chuckle as his finger was wrapped by small baby hands.

"What time is it?" Y/n asked, resting her head back on her boyfriends shoulder.

"It's.... almost 11:15." Sean answered, putting his phone down next to him.

What seemed like two minutes, forty minutes passed and it was already 11:55 p.m. Y/n was now getting anxious and so were the other three.

What only five minutes can make, it felt like a century to Y/n. She wanted to the new year to start and to get done with her wheelchair. She knew that so many things were going to be planned and it was something she couldn't wait for it to just come already.

"Two more minutes!!" Adam shouted in excitement.

Sean got up and moved Y/n over to the 'edge' of the front deck. He stood next to her as they looked up to the sky, holding each other's hands.

"One minute!!" Adam called out.

Y/n looked at Sean, and Sean looked back at Y/n. The moon was reflecting in Y/n's eyes and all Sean could see was love filling into her e/c eyes.

30 seconds

"Y/n, I want you to know that I love you. And I hope you know that." Sean said.

Y/n smiled. "Of course I know that. Why wouldn't I?!"

24 seconds...

"Because we've been off and on all year and I...I don't want to loose you again." Sean said.

18 seconds...

"Well this past month has been a wreck. With the crash and you panicking and having to be in a wheelchair and you coming over here to see me, this whole time it felt like a blur, and I now I know that you will be there for me, always..." Y/n said, tears forming in her eyes.

9 seconds...

Sean bent down to Y/n'a level and grabbed both her hands. "Y/n, I love you, so so so so much." He said.

4 seconds...

"I love you too, Sean." Y/n replied back.

"2...1....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!" Adam and Alesa shouted.

Y/n and Sean smashed lips. There, that was their last kiss of 2015, and their first kiss of 2016. Adam and Alesa did the same, but both of them had baby Mason in their hands.

A few states away, Mark sat on the couch in Cincinnati Ohio with his family, celebrating with his family. Having a great time and just setting some goals for him that year.

On the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, Felix and Marzia stood together, after their kiss of the New Year, holding each other's hands as Maya and Edgar ran around the room behind them.

But none of them knew what was going to happen after...