Chapter Forty-Three

Sean and Y/n were cuddled on the pull out bed, asleep. The screen of the TV shined on the two as Pixar Short Films played. It was three in the morning at least. Frost formed on the windows as small pellets of snowflakes fell from the sky.

From behind, a squeak from the staircase echoed the room. There, Charlie stood frozen in place, making sure she didn't wake up the two on the bed. Sighing, she continued to go down the stairs and walk out into the cold night. The door closed quietly behind her as she wrapped her coat around her and walked out into the night.

Y/n shuffled on the bed, cuddling closer to Sean. Then, her eyes shot open. The bright screen made her squint as One Man Band played on the screen. She sighed as she knew she wouldn't be able to for a while.

Y/n nestled into Sean's bare chest and squeezed him slightly, not waking him up. He watched the screen as she listened to Sean's heartbeat. Once it was over, Knick Knack started to play. Y/n started to not pay attention as the sound of Sean's heartbeat made her eyes heavy. Then, his chest rumbled as Sean groaned, making Y/n's eyes shoot open.

Sean shuffled, his eyes starting to open slowly. Y/n kept her arms around his waist as he moved. Y/n then let go as he stretched.

"What time is it?" Sean asked, his voice scratchy.

"3:04." Y/n replied.

Sean rubbed his eyes. "What are you doing up?"

"I don't know. I just woke up." Y/n shrugged.

Sean grabbed the pillow, sticking his hands under it. His eyes were closed as he was laying so his front body's faced Y/n.

"You should go back to sleep." Sean yawned, his eyes closed.

"Don't think I will be able to." Y/n placed her arms behind her head as she yawned.

"Well," Sean yawned again, "I'm going to bed. Goodnight Y/n."

Y/n chuckled. "Goodnight Sean."

Y/n planted a kiss on his forehead. When she laid back in her spot, Sean's snores already echoed in her ears. Y/n just stared at the screen, knowing that sleep wasn't going to fall over her anytime soon.

Geri's Game started playing, making Y/n watch the most confusing Pixar short.   Halfway through the short, she gazed over to Sean, who had shifted since he fall asleep. His back was facing Y/n, making her sigh.

"I need water." Y/n said to herself.

Y/n got up and out from under the sheets to the cold floor. She shivered and headed towards the kitchen.

Sean looked over his shoulder, realizing Y/n was gone. He picked up his phone and turned it on, suddenly being blinded by the brightness. Sean squinted at the screen as he put in his password. He heard the faucet turn off then on, signaling he only had a few more seconds before Y/n would walk back in. He got what he needed before shutting off his phone and putting it back in place.

Y/n sat down on the bed, the cup of water in hand. After two gulps, she finished it. She set the empty cup on the end table next to the couch. She rolled back into the sheets, shut the TV off, cuddled in the blankets and fell to sleep.

---

Horrible I know...