Chapter Forty-Five

In the reflection of Y/n's eyes, different colored lights illuminated the night sky. Softly but loud enough to echo through the air, music played from speakers. Building windows reflected the lights that shined. Couples walked around as they enjoyed the night before Valentine's with their love.

Sean's eyes grew, slowly letting go of Y/n's hand. He looked around, letting the musical waves hit his ear and echo into his mind. Sean's eyes gazed on every detail of where they were. As he twirled, he saw an ice skating rink. He stopped and looked at it. A smile spread on his face as Y/n walked up to him.

"Wanna go ice skating?" Y/n asked with tickets in her hands.

Sean's face dropped to shock. He grabbed a ticket out of Y/n's hand and looked at it. The folds of the paper sat between his index fingers and his thumbs.

"How did you know." Sean asked looking over at Y/n.

She shrugged with a sly smile. "I took a while guess."

Sean pushed Y/n's arm slightly as they walked toward the ice rink. Sean and Y/n walked hand and hand as they let the dangling lights glow on their bodies and their ears listening closely to the musical background.

Giving the man the ticket and renting ice skates were a piece of cake. But when it came to hit the ice, both Y/n and Sean almost slipped and fell flat on their backs. They grabbed each other's hand as they started slowly, close to the wall.

"Haven't done this in a while. This is something that I might have to get used to." Sean chuckled letting his breath visible.

Y/n nodded her head, keeping her head straight ahead. Her eyes locked on what was in front of her as she tried to keep her feet in a rhythm. Sean, on the other hand, had already gotten used to his skates and what was going on.

Y/n almost fell back, squeezing Sean's hand tightly. He slowed down and helped her get her balance back. Y/n looked up at Sean with a small bit of terror.

"Thanks." Y/n said.

"No problem love." Sean said.

After a few more minutes of skating, Y/n had finally found her rhythm. Her feet coordination were perfect as she snuggled closer to Sean. Sean smiled as they're arms intertwined. Y/n's head rested on Sean's shoulder.

"Sean?"

"Hmm?"

"What time is it?" Y/n asked staring up at the sky.

"It's, uh, hold on," Sean pulled out his phone and checked it, "it's 12:02 am."

"Okay."

"Why?" Sean asked.

There was a pause. Instead of Y/n replying, she brought Sean to the middle of the ice rink. She grabbed both of his hands and brought him close. Her eyes locked with his twinkling ones. Y/n's lips turned up.

Sean let out a breathy chuckle. "What?"

Y/n smiled wider. She signaled Sean to put his forehead on his. He did and looked into Y/n's happy, glistening eyes.

Y/n brought her face closer, making their noses touch. Her smile graced over Sean's lips, making Sean shudder a bit.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Sean." Y/n whispered.

Before Sean could answer, Y/n crashed her lips onto his. Their lips danced together as they stood in the center of the rink.

People passed and watched the couple kiss. Some snickered and some awed. But everyone was their to enjoy their time. And this is how Sean and Y/n wanted to spend theirs.

---

Song recommended :)