Chapter Eight

Adam was pushing Y/n back to the house instead of eating on his lunch break. Ross, Max, Red, and Barney went to eat instead, which Adam insisted.

Y/n's eyes were puffy and red from crying to Adams behavior to how he treated her. She didn't want to speak to him because she didn't feel like it. Y/n was mad yet sad and angry at him, which he could tell.

"Y/n-"

"Don't start Adam. I should've just listened to Sean. I should've never came here in the first place." Y/n said disappointed.

They didn't talk for the rest of the way home. For two different reasons. Adams reason was because he was upset with himself and was too afraid to even say something to Y/n. Y/n, in the other hand, was mad and just wanted to go home at this point.

---

On the other side of the Atlantic, it was dark out and Sean sat in his bed in his apartment, staring at his phone, waiting for a text saying that she's fine with Adam. He's been sitting there, staring at it for such a long time, not getting an answer.

Tears started swelling up in his eyes as he knew something must've been going on. He wanted to just help her with those problems but a) she was on the other side of the earth and b) she wasn't texting him to tell her boyfriend what was going on.

Next thing, Sean got a knock on his door. Sean wiped his tears, that he didn't even know he spilled, and sat up in his bed, wiping himself.

"Come in." Sean croaked out.

Then, Mark walked in, closing the door oh so lightly, not trying to wake up Felix who was in the other room. Mark walked quietly towards Sean, as he turned on his lamp on the bedside table.

"Can I sit?" Mark asked quietly, pointing at the corner of Sean's bed.

"Go ahead. It doesn't matter anyways. It's not like we're going to do anything." Sean whispered but failed at the same time.

Mark sat down, making the corner of the bed sink down. He crossed his legs and threw his head back on the pole of the bed.

There was silence. Just the breathing if the two grown men. Both of them had an issue and they both wanted to talk about it. Though, they were too shy, both of them, to even spill it out. Too nervous that they'll say something wrong or make each other upset. They didn't want to see each other cry, well, because, they're men.

"Can we talk?" Both men said at the same time unexpectedly.

They stared at each other. Shocked that they both wanted to talk. They knew they were going to spill it out at one point but not at the same time.

"You go first." Sean said.

"No, you go first." Mark said.

"No, you go-"

"But you said it-"

"I want you to go-"

"Just go first!" Sean finally said, getting pretty peeved off.

Mark groaned and ran his fingers through his blue, long hair. He looked up at Sean and took a deep breath.

"I'm worrying. No, I'm sad. No, I'm happy. I'm mixed emotions. I'm happy because you get to have an amazing person for a girlfriend. I know how Y/n acts and I can really tell she loves you. Though, I still love her. I know I should probably get rid of this feeling but I truly can't. It's tough and I sometimes just want to just kiss her. But, I know that would just make things worse. I'm sad because when I see you two, you seem so happy together. I get jealous and I want a girl that can make me happy as well as you make Y/n happy. I just, I don't know what I'm trying to say here."

"I know exactly how you feel." Sean said.

Mark looked up at Sean with confusion on his face. Sean took a very deep sigh and, also, ran his fingers through his fading green hair. Tears started swelling in Sean's eyes again.

"I went through the same thing as you did, Mark. When I saw you and Y/n together, my heart shattered. I felt like I was betrayed because I just went through such a though time with her before I even got a chance and Signe didn't help me at all. She wasn't being supportive at all and she thought I was using her to get my feeling away from Y/n. But, with all that happened, right after Christmas too, I'm devastated. I want to be there for her as she's going through all the pain with her legs, her breathing problems. I have to pick up her pills tomorrow so she's ready for when she gets back from Washington. It scares me what she has to go through! I just....I just...."

Sean broke down, sobbing. Mark wrapped his arms around his best friend for a hug to help him. Mark knew exactly how Sean felt. Not exactly, but he was pretty close. Both Sean and Mark were really close to Y/n and they both never wanted this to happen to her. Both her crying and holding each other in a reassuring hug.

A ringing from Sean's phone interrupted them from their sobbing moment. They broke away as Sean wiped his tears and checked his phone. Y/n was calling him. Sean immediately answered.

"Hey Y/n, how's it-"

"I'm coming home Sean..."