Chapter Twenty-Five

The next day...

Y/n stood in the kitchen, cooking some lunch. Adam was sitting at the counter while Charlie "was out." Since Y/n knew, she invited Adam over to talk.

"I know Sean is coming over. That's why I'm making a nice lunch. Inviting everyone over. Well, just you. I have a plan." Y/n said.

Adam crossed his arms on the counter and leaned in.

"What is it?" Adam asked.

Y/n turned around and stared him dead in the eye.

"You are going to pretend to be my boyfriend."

Adams eyes widened. He slowly took his arms off the counter while in a state of shock.

"What?" Adam asked in disbelief.

Y/n turned back around. "You heard me. Starting when Charlie walks through the door, you are going to pretend to be my boyfriend."

"I-I don't think I can do that, Y/n." Adam replied still in disbelief.

"Why not?" Y/n asked.

Just as Adam was going to reply, Charlie walked through the door. She skipped and jumped onto a stool.

"Hello!" Charlie said all giddy.

"Hello." Y/n and Adam replied at the same time.

"Hey, I brought someone for lunch Y/n. Is that fine?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. Who is it?" Y/n asked back turning around.

"TA DA!" Charlie yelled, excitedly.

When no one came, Charlie looked behind her, then groaned. She got off her seat and went into the living room to the front door.

Y/n leaned back on the counter and looked at Adam.

"Okay, 'boyfriend', Sean's coming in. Three...two...one..."

"TA DA!" Charlie said holding onto Sean's arm.

Y/n rolled her eyes and turned back around to continue cooking. Adam stood up and held out his hand for Sean to shake. Sean took it.

"Long time no see, huh." Adam said with a smile.

"Yeah." Sean replied, letting go of Adam's hand.

Sean stared at Y/n, realizing that she didn't care. He became sad and looked away, trying to find something else to look at.

"Uh, Y/n. Aren't you going to say hi?" Charlie asked.

"Hi." Y/n looked over her shoulder. "Happy?"

Charlie looked down. "Yeah."

Y/n rolled her eyes and went back to cooking lunch.

An awkward silence fell between the four. The only thing that was sound was the sizzle of the pan.

Throughout that time as well, Sean realized that Charlie was still holding his arm. He pulled her away and went to sit down next to Adam.

When Sean sat down, Adam noticed the handprint on Sean's cheek. He stared at it. Sean noticed and covered it with his hand.

"So, what are you making?" Sean asked to Y/n.

"Lunch." She replied bluntly.

"Well, obviously. What are you making for lunch." Sean asked.

"Food." She replied back.

Sean paused. "How's it been? Like, since we haven't talked."

"Good. Adam and I have hooked up not long ago." Y/n said.

Sean already had enough. He got up and excused himself to the bathroom. When Sean left, Adam and Charlie turned toward Y/n.

"Why were you so rude? He's being a guest. He's trying to be nice. And since when did you and Adam get together!" Charlie said.

"Well obviously I don't want to see him. That's it. Also, we're not together. It's fake." Y/n said shrugging it off.

"Why would you do that?" Charlie asked.

"Because, I-I'm not stating why." Y/n said.

There was a pause before Adam spoke up.

"I have to agree with Charlie about what she said earlier. I don't think you're being a very nice host right now." Adam said.

Y/n slammed down her spatula. She turned around with anger.

"I told you guys, I hate him! You know how much he has done to me?! I'm sorry I caused so much trouble but I was never the one to say 'we're breaking up.' Okay!" Y/n shouted.

Then, just as if it was the right time, Sean walked in. Her feelings hit her right in the face as Sean walked in. His eyes were down, as if he was trying to avoid looking at Y/n.

"Charlie, take care of the food. I will be back." Y/n said starting to walk off slowly, keeping her eyes on Sean.

"Where are you going?" Charlie asked.

"S-somewhere." Y/n stuttered.

When she got by Sean, she stopped and looked at him. She brushed her hand against his, and grabbed it. They walked out.